  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2003
      CSX has purchased fifty new SD70AC's from EMD Canada. Good choice rather
      than G.E. units, but I would have stuck with conventional DC power.

      I was able to show one to my son yesterday when my family brought
      Christmas dinner to the yard for me since I worked both Christmas eve and
      day.

      The cab had the pleasant odor of a brand new car and the seats were
      great. They have small consol controls in front of the engineer which
      has been standard since the wide cabs have been out, but EMD is reverting
      back to traditional control stands on the left of the engineer. They
      have found that most engineers prefer controls on the side and a throttle
      that feels like something more than a joystick.

      So, there were no "coats on the bed" because I spent my Christmas in a
      dirty train yard.

      Steve

      .