Re: GE 44 tonner

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2003
      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>
      wrote:
      Whisler sold the engine to Cargill. Whisler was located in St. Louis.
      The Swissvale location may be a Cargill plant, but I don't know one
      way or the other. The locomotive's spare parts were sent by the FJ&G
      to Cargill. I suspect that the locomotive when shipped went direct as
      the parts were shipped a month and a half before the locomotive, on a
      BL dated April 14, 1967.

      In checking the web I found out that Swissvale is located 4 miles
      east of downtown Pittsburgh and Cargill's headquarters is located
      outside of Minneapolis, MN. I could find no mention of plant
      locations for Cargill. Whisler Equipment Co. only brings up two
      listings, both of which are in another Yahoo group about diesel
      locomotives around the world. It could be that Whisler is no longer
      in business. Anyone in the group live in or near St. Louis that could
      check this out?

      Walt