GE 44 tonner

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 17, 2003
      When did the 44 tonner leave the FJ&G property ? What happened to the
      flanger out in Northville? Last I heard it was being offered on Ebay.

      Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN.
    • waltdanylak@citlink.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 17, 2003
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"
        <riverlinejoe@h...> wrote:
        When did the 44 tonner leave the FJ&G property ? What happened to the
        flanger out in Northville? Last I heard it was being offered on Ebay.

        The 44 Ton switcher was sold in 1967. The last time I was up to the
        Northville area, our Get-Together in August, the flanger was still
        there.

        Walt
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 17, 2003
          Sold to the Whisler Equipment Co., no. 30 left Gloversville Monday May 29,
          1967. Routed Gloversville-FJ&G-Fonda-NYC-Newberry Jct.-PRR-Swissvale Pa.
          Know nothing about the flanger.

          PKL

          >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@...>
          >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [FJGRailroad] GE 44 tonner
          >Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:27:00 +0000
          >
          >When did the 44 tonner leave the FJ&G property ? What happened to the
          >flanger out in Northville? Last I heard it was being offered on Ebay.

          >Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN.
          >http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx

          Have fun customizing MSN Messenger � learn how here!
          http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize
        • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 19, 2003
            > Sold to the Whisler Equipment Co., no. 30 left Gloversville Monday May 29,
            > 1967. Routed Gloversville-FJ&G-Fonda-NYC-Newberry Jct.-PRR-Swissvale Pa.
            > Know nothing about the flanger.
            >
            > PKL

            So the info about number 30 being sold to Cargill is wrong? Someone
            contacted me not too long ago about the engine and said the picture I have
            of number 30 as Cargill was not the FJG 44 tonner. So, was this Whisler
            company located in Swissvale, Pa?

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 19, 2003
              Whisler sold the engine to Cargill. Whisler was located in St. Louis. The
              Swissvale location may be a Cargill plant, but I don't know one way or the
              other. The locomotive's spare parts were sent by the FJ&G to Cargill. I
              suspect that the locomotive when shipped went direct as the parts were
              shipped a month and a half before the locomotive, on a BL dated April 14,
              1967.

              PKL

              >From: Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
              >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] GE 44 tonner
              >Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:14:57 -0500
              >
              > > Sold to the Whisler Equipment Co., no. 30 left Gloversville Monday May
              >29,
              > > 1967. Routed Gloversville-FJ&G-Fonda-NYC-Newberry Jct.-PRR-Swissvale
              >Pa.
              > > Know nothing about the flanger.
              > >
              > > PKL
              > >

              >So the info about number 30 being sold to Cargill is wrong? Someone
              >contacted me not too long ago about the engine and said the picture I have
              >of number 30 as Cargill was not the FJG 44 tonner. So, was this Whisler
              >company located in Swissvale, Pa?
              >
              >Gino

              providers now. https://broadband.msn.com
            • Walt Danylak
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 20, 2003
                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>
                wrote:
                Whisler sold the engine to Cargill. Whisler was located in St. Louis.
                The Swissvale location may be a Cargill plant, but I don't know one
                way or the other. The locomotive's spare parts were sent by the FJ&G
                to Cargill. I suspect that the locomotive when shipped went direct as
                the parts were shipped a month and a half before the locomotive, on a
                BL dated April 14, 1967.

                In checking the web I found out that Swissvale is located 4 miles
                east of downtown Pittsburgh and Cargill's headquarters is located
                outside of Minneapolis, MN. I could find no mention of plant
                locations for Cargill. Whisler Equipment Co. only brings up two
                listings, both of which are in another Yahoo group about diesel
                locomotives around the world. It could be that Whisler is no longer
                in business. Anyone in the group live in or near St. Louis that could
                check this out?

                Walt