Re: FJ&G 21 in January CTC Board and Railroad Explorer Plug

  • Jason C
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 15, 2003
      --- Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
      wrote:

      > Where do you get this magazine? I'd love to see it!
      > Also, yes the
      > Building for Fairbanks Feed is still there. It is
      > now Adirondack Truck
      > repair and the building isn't going anywhere...
      >
      > Gino

      Gino,

      CTC Board Railroad Illustrated is a monthly prototype
      railroad news magazine. When I was growing up in
      Ballston Spa, I used to purchase it at Model Railway
      Station down in Scotia. I'm not sure if Glen still
      carries it or if you'd have better luck over at Mohawk
      Valley over on Hamburg Street.

      Most of the feature does cover the Delaware & Hudson
      with one picture each of the B&M, NYC/PC, and the
      FJ&G. It's not often that the FJ&G shows up in print
      and this is an especially clear, sharp Kodacrhome blue
      sky pic. IMHO, worth the price of the mag.

      Speaking of magazines. If any of you have good
      pictures of the FJ&G, how about contacting Mike
      Confalone at Railroad Explorer Magazine and submitting
      them. This is the premier Northeast/New England
      railroad magazine. Published three times a year, it
      carries virtually no advertising and focuses on high
      quality, mostly color photography. Absolutely
      incredible quality and the FJ&G is deserving of being
      memorialized in this publication. Check them out at
      http://www.railroadexplorer.com/

      Jason Cook
      Fort Wayne, IN

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • LeeDarshi
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 16, 2003
        Gino,

        Did I miss something? I went to visit Gino's Railpage at http://www.fjgrr.com and got some "under construction" message.

      • Jason C
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 16, 2003
          --- paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
          > Then I looked at your address; so much for attending
          > a meeting. Let me see
          > what I can put together. Aare you only interested
          > in the Fairbanks years in
          > the shop building?
          >
          > PKL

          Paul,

          I'm mainly interested in seeing some good,
          unobstructed views of the building in any of it's
          various forms. It looks like a very interesting
          structure and makes an interesting alternative to the
          more traditional wood framed feed mill. I'd also like
          to see some pictures of it in it's pre-Fairbanks years
          when it was still in use by the railroad. I will be
          making a trip over to check out the right of way next
          time I make it back to New York. At this time, I
          don't know if that is going to be late January or next
          summer.

          Thanks,
          Jason Cook

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 16, 2003
            Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G 21 in January CTC Board and Railroad Explorer Plug
            Gino,

            Did I miss something? I went to visit Gino's Railpage at http://www.fjgrr.com and got some "under construction" message.

            No Uncle Leo, you’re not seeing things.  I woke up this morning to find my web-page
            Gone!  I just updated her yesterday and will have to see if I did something...

            Gino
          • 103424.2304@compuserve.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 17, 2003
              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Rogers Finch"
              <ka2hsu@e...> wrote:
              > Could anyone tell me if this is the Jeremy Plant who is the son
              of Ken and Ginny Plant of Poestenkill? If so, how can I get in
              touch with him?

              > Rogers Finch
              > Peabody MA

              Rogers,

              Don't know who his parents are but I have an email address for
              him:

              JeremyPlant at msn dot com

              I haven't a clue if it is still valid.

              He's done several great books, most of which are still in print, on
              New England railroads. I've come across some of the NYC at
              Fonda on the web, but I cannot find the URLs at the moment.

              Glenn
              Penacook, NH
            • Rogers Finch
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 17, 2003

                Sent: 12/17/2003 7:23:38 AM
                Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G 21 in January CTC Board

                <ka2hsu@e...> wrote:
                > Could anyone tell me if this is the Jeremy Plant who is the son
                of Ken and Ginny Plant of Poestenkill? If so, how can I get in
                touch with him?

                > Rogers Finch
                > Peabody MA

                Rogers,

                Don't know who his parents are but I have an email address for
                him:

                JeremyPlant at msn dot com

                I haven't a clue if it is still valid.

                He's done several great books, most of which are still in print, on
                New England railroads.  I've come across some of the NYC at
                Fonda on the web, but I cannot find the URLs at the moment.

                     Glenn
                Penacook, NH

                Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Rogers Finch
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 17, 2003
                  Thanks Glenn. It is such a unique name that I felt that this might well be the same person. Our distinguished rail author is a Professor at Penn State, Harrisburg, so I will try to contact him there.

                  Rogers

                  Sent: 12/17/2003 7:23:38 AM

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 18, 2004
                    I can't find that magazine anywhere!!!

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 18, 2004
                      Hmmm I am syiing here bored because the list is quiet........I could
                      download more FJ&G photos..................hmmmmmmmmm

                      >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
                      >To: "'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com'" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G 21 in January CTC Board
                      >Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:29:20 -0600
                      >
                      >I can't find that magazine anywhere!!!
                      >
                      >Gino

                    • Walt Danylak
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 18, 2004
                        <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                        I can't find that magazine anywhere!!!

                        Gino,

                        You can order the magazine on line at:

                        http://www.ctcboard.com

                        Walt
                      • Jason C
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 18, 2004
                          --- "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...> wrote:
                          > I can't find that magazine anywhere!!!
                          >
                          > Gino

                          Most shops probably have already taken it off the
                          shelf. The February issue is now out. I'll check my
                          local shop here in Fort Wayne tomorrow and see if they
                          have any issues left that they haven't sent back to
                          the publisher. If I can get them, maybe I can arrange
                          to drop them off someplace on my way through the area
                          next Saturday and Sunday. Not going to have as long
                          at home as I originally thought. The wife surprised
                          me with tickets to Iron Maiden at the Hammerstein in
                          NYC on my birthday this coming Friday so I will only
                          be home from around 3:00 pm on Saturday until dinner
                          time on Sunday and that includes dinner with family
                          and friends that evening and then watching the Fort
                          Wayne Komets abuse the Icehawks. Then it's back on
                          the train to Indiana.

                          Jason Cook
                          Fort Wayne, IN

                        • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 19, 2004
                            All right, get a little Maiden into you! I asked at the locval shops
                            and
                            they told me they don't carry that magazine anymore.

                            Gino

                            Visit Gino's Railpage at
                            http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                          • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 19, 2004
                              Thanks Walt. The January issue is not yet listed in their back issues
                              yet...

                              Gino

                              On Jan 18, 2004, at 10:11 PM, Walt Danylak wrote:

                              > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Dicarlo, Gino"
                              > <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                              > I can't find that magazine anywhere!!!
                              >
                              > Gino,
                              >
                              > You can order the magazine on line at:
                              >
                              > http://www.ctcboard.com
                              >
                              > Walt
                            • Jason C
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 19, 2004
                                wrote:
                                > All right, get a little Maiden into you! I asked at
                                > the locval shops
                                > and
                                > they told me they don't carry that magazine anymore.
                                >
                                > Gino

                                I checked with my shop and they still have at least
                                one copy left (maybe more). Let me know if you want
                                me to drop it off on my way through Saratoga. It's a
                                shame that they don't carry CTC Board anymore. I used
                                to buy it at the shop down in Scotia. It's in no way
                                a replacement for Trains if you like the coverage of
                                actual news features that Trains does but it's full
                                title is CTC Board Railroads Illustrated. Usually a
                                full third to half of the magazine is photo essays.
                                Great change from the 3/4 roster shot. They also do
                                lots of seasonal features. I really enjoy the winter
                                and fall features.

                                Jason

                              • LeeDarshi
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jan 20, 2004
                                  Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 10:11 PM
                                  <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                  I can't find that magazine anywhere!!!
                                  Gino,
                                  You can order the magazine on line at:
                                  http://www.ctcboard.com

                                  Walt

                                  I went to the magazine website. It showed a picture of a New Haven, Hartford Railroad engines pulling passenger cars. Is that railroad still alive?

                                  Uncle Leo
                                • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jan 20, 2004
                                    Thanks for the offer Jason. I'll just wait for the issue to be included
                                    on the Back Issue page of the website!

                                    Gino

                                    On Jan 19, 2004, at 1:55 PM, Jason C wrote:

                                    > I checked with my shop and they still have at least
                                    > one copy left (maybe more). Let me know if you want
                                    > me to drop it off on my way through Saratoga. It's a
                                    > shame that they don't carry CTC Board anymore. I used
                                    > to buy it at the shop down in Scotia. It's in no way
                                    > a replacement for Trains if you like the coverage of
                                    > actual news features that Trains does but it's full
                                    > title is CTC Board Railroads Illustrated. Usually a
                                    > full third to half of the magazine is photo essays.
                                    > Great change from the 3/4 roster shot. They also do
                                    > lots of seasonal features. I really enjoy the winter
                                    > and fall features.
                                    >
                                    > Jason
                                  • Walt Danylak
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 21, 2004
                                      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
                                      <dicarlos@l...> wrote:
                                      Thanks for the offer Jason. I'll just wait for the issue to be
                                      included on the Back Issue page of the website!

                                      Gino

                                      Gino,

                                      The issue in now on the website. I just ordered a copy over the
                                      phone: 1-800-810-7660.

                                      Walt
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jan 22, 2004
                                        Thanks Walt!