Broadalbin Station

    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2003
      Just a note, the Broadalbin Station has a "for sale" sign on her and it
      seems that
      the antique dealer has closed shop. It doesn't look like the usual closed
      for the
      season deal. Hopefully someone buys her and keeps her historic value
      intact...

      Gino

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York

      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 25, 2010
        Jerry,  I didn't want to suggest it but since you opened the door ...  Starting with this years meeting in October, I think it would be appropriate to double group dues and use the proceeds to fund the purchase and restoration of the Broadalbin depot.   Surely, with that kind of seed money, we can find a government grant.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: handyman756@...
        Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:05:39 -0700
        Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Broadalbin Station

        It's only money.  Maybe we can just print some of our own like the government does.  Or raise out membership dues...

        Gino, how far do we need to carry the rail this time?  Does Paul need to go swimming again?

        As far as the paint on the trolley goes, what I did so far was done with 1000 grit wet paper.  Now that I'm working with, I want to tackle the from a bit more carefully.  The sides where I was working were a bit chopped up from the conversion to a camp, but the front (back?) that's there is complete.
        Jerry

        From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com
        Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 01:36:05 -0400

        Asking price is $125,000...

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 24, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Paul Larner <pklarner@hotmail. com> wrote:

        Boy!  Ten years ago, hmmm, I would have bit, depending on what the perceived worth turns out to be.  Truly ought to be a bargain in Broadalbin.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
        From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com
        Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:02:33 -0400
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Broadalbin Station

        Hi guys,

        I recieved an email this week pertaining to the Broadalbin Station.  A realator contacted me about it being put on the market.  I'm waiting
        for the listing price and then I'll let you know.  She is wondering if anyone in our group is interested in buying the station to create a
        musuem.  Her words, not mine.

        I'm broke at the moment, but if anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll forward you the information.

        Just think, we could make it our club house!  Park the 44 tonner outside and build a layout inside!

        Sweet dreams...