Re: [FJGRailroad] Name trains

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2003
      "any"?? The "Sacandaga Limited" operated on their narrow gauge line (15")
      between the Park proper and Sport Island. Off the top of my head I can't
      recall any. The evening and early morning trains between Gloversville and
      Northville in the summer were the businessmen's trains. The rest of the
      service was always local and/or mixed.

      PKL

      >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Name trains
      >Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:09:34 +0000
      >
      >Did thwe FJ&G either fornmally or informally name any of thier trains?

      >online games and music with a high-speed Internet connection! Prices start
      >at less than $1 a day average. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary
      >by service area.)

      Say �goodbye� to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet
      connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average.
    • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2003
        > "any"?? The "Sacandaga Limited" operated on their narrow gauge line (15")
        > between the Park proper and Sport Island. Off the top of my head I can't
        > recall any. The evening and early morning trains between Gloversville and
        > Northville in the summer were the businessmen's trains. The rest of the
        > service was always local and/or mixed.
        >
        > PKL

        Did Joe mean naming the engines? If so, how about the David Wells, The
        Cayadutta and so on and so forth...

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2003
          Named engines: Pioneer, Cayadutta, W. J. Heacock, David A. Wells (renamed
          Pioneer after shopping in 1873), Oregon (one of the Manhattan engines bought
          in 1893).

          Mamie, used by the Cayadutta Electric and on the electric division, likely
          until electric no. 1 was constructed in 1902. Believed to be a Porter
          product. Used to haul coal to the power plant and service industry (ies)
          located on the electric line.

          The narrow guage engine was called the Sacandaga.

          Three busses, possibly a fourth not on my mind right now, were named: Miss
          Sacandaga, Miss Johnstown and Miss Gloversville not unlike the coaches. The
          first three coaches were named Gloversville, Johnstown and Fonda; 1 and 2
          named when No. 3 was purchased.

          The names on the locomotives used in main line service seem to have
          disappeared by 1875-6, though references to the names appeared in later news
          articles. There is reference to a locomotive being named L. Caten but I
          haven't found this.

          PKL

          >From: Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
          >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Name trains
          >Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:11:25 -0500
          >
          > > "any"?? The "Sacandaga Limited" operated on their narrow gauge line
          >(15")
          > > between the Park proper and Sport Island. Off the top of my head I
          >can't
          > > recall any. The evening and early morning trains between Gloversville
          >and
          > > Northville in the summer were the businessmen's trains. The rest of the
          > > service was always local and/or mixed.
          > >
          > > PKL
          > >

          >Did Joe mean naming the engines? If so, how about the David Wells, The
          >Cayadutta and so on and so forth...
          >
          >Gino

          Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos,
          and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx