Re: [FJGRailroad] New Web Site

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 15, 2003
      The DO sent one of the two FJ&G engines down to cover for the LASB. I took a
      photo of the engine at Honesdale.

      >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
      >To: "FJGrailroad (E-mail)" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>,
      >"Railroad_CACV@Yahoogroups. Com (E-mail)" <Railroad_CACV@...>
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] New Web Site
      >Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:34:35 -0600
      >
      >Hi everyone!
      >
      >I have just put the finishing touches on a new web-page. It is a page that
      >covers
      >the history of the Delaware Otsego System. It features a brief history of
      >the
      >Delaware Otsego Line, Central New York, Cooperstown and Charlotte Valley,
      >Fonda Johnstown and Gloversville and the Lackawaxen and Stourbridge. It
      >also contains lists of Customers, M & W and power assignments. All the
      >credit
      >for the info must go to Mark Jacob. He compiled all the information. I
      >rounded
      >up the pictures and built the page. Hopefully I have credited the right
      >people.
      >
      >*If Arnold Mooney, Tim Wakeman and Michael Bates are listening, please give
      >her a look and make sure I credited correctly!
      >
      >If you are interested in the histories of these lines, you might like this
      >page. It is
      >a great companion to my current FJ&G Page. It should also interest fans of
      >the
      >DL&W/ERIE and D & H. There should be more images to come. My ultimate
      >goal
      >is to get a picture for each piece of equipment and even the customers if
      >possible. If
      >there is anyone who may have shots to accompany this info, please help!
      >
      >Here is the link...
      >
      >http://www.fjgrr.com/DOS
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Gino and Mark
      >
      >Gino DiCarlo
      >Imaging
      >
      >Quad/Imaging
      >A Division of Quad/Graphics
      >
      >Saratoga Springs, New York
      >
      >518-581-4276 phone
      >gino.dicarlo@...
      >www.QG.com

      Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 15, 2003
        I recently was going through some old issues of RailsNortheast and saw the
        photo. There was also a loco news item that I reported the 21 in little
        Ferry. If I look again I could nail the date for you if anyone needs it...

      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 16, 2003
          Nice article in todays Binghamton Sun-Bulletin that one of ours
          ex-member (Mike Engle) bought a diner in Wellington,Ohio and had it
          shipped here to Gilbertsville,NY. It was known as Carls Diner but Mike
          has renamed it Cecil's,in which he named it after his grandfather that
          was an engineer with the New York Central. Carls Diner use to serve many
          railroad workers in the past years. Good luck Mike if your still on.
          Mark
        • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 22, 2003
            > I recently was going through some old issues of RailsNortheast and saw the
            > photo. There was also a loco news item that I reported the 21 in little
            > Ferry. If I look again I could nail the date for you if anyone needs it...

            Yes Joe, get me those dates...

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 22, 2003
              I am going to have to go through about thirty issues but I will try... I
              just happened upon the negative...want to borrow it?

              >From: Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
              >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] New Web Site
              >Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:57 -0500
              >
              > > I recently was going through some old issues of RailsNortheast and saw
              >the
              > > photo. There was also a loco news item that I reported the 21 in little
              > > Ferry. If I look again I could nail the date for you if anyone needs
              >it...
              > >

              >Yes Joe, get me those dates...
              >
              >Gino

              Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox. Get MSN Extra Storage
              now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
            • Walt Danylak
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 23, 2003
                Speaking of photos, does anyone in the group have the negative of
                either 20 or 21 at the D&H shops in Colonie? I saw this photo a few
                years ago, but I don't remember who had it.

                Walt
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 23, 2003
                  Yes!

                  I am going to have to go through about thirty issues but I will try... I
                  just happened upon the negative...want to borrow it?

                  >From: Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
                  >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] New Web Site
                  >Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:57 -0500
                  >
                  > > I recently was going through some old issues of RailsNortheast and saw
                  >the
                  > > photo. There was also a loco news item that I reported the 21 in little
                  > > Ferry. If I look again I could nail the date for you if anyone needs
                  >it...
                  > >

                  >Yes Joe, get me those dates...
                  >
                  >Gino

                  Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox. Get MSN Extra Storage
                  now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

                  http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                  Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                  http://www.lostlandmarks.org