New Web Site

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003
      Hi everyone!

      I have just put the finishing touches on a new web-page. It is a page that
      covers
      the history of the Delaware Otsego System. It features a brief history of
      the
      Delaware Otsego Line, Central New York, Cooperstown and Charlotte Valley,
      Fonda Johnstown and Gloversville and the Lackawaxen and Stourbridge. It
      also contains lists of Customers, M & W and power assignments. All the
      credit
      for the info must go to Mark Jacob. He compiled all the information. I
      rounded
      up the pictures and built the page. Hopefully I have credited the right
      people.

      *If Arnold Mooney, Tim Wakeman and Michael Bates are listening, please give
      her a look and make sure I credited correctly!

      If you are interested in the histories of these lines, you might like this
      page. It is
      a great companion to my current FJ&G Page. It should also interest fans of
      the
      DL&W/ERIE and D & H. There should be more images to come. My ultimate
      goal
      is to get a picture for each piece of equipment and even the customers if
      possible. If
      there is anyone who may have shots to accompany this info, please help!

      Here is the link...

      http://www.fjgrr.com/DOS

      Thanks,

      Gino and Mark

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York

      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com
    • LeeDarshi Morelli
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2003
        Gino,

        On the following page, I saw commands above and below "Compiled by Mark J. Jacob"

        Uncle Leo
[...]

        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 15, 2003
          The DO sent one of the two FJ&G engines down to cover for the LASB. I took a
          photo of the engine at Honesdale.

          >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
          >To: "FJGrailroad (E-mail)" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>,
          >"Railroad_CACV@Yahoogroups. Com (E-mail)" <Railroad_CACV@...>
          >Subject: [FJGRailroad] New Web Site
          >Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:34:35 -0600
          >
          >Hi everyone!
          >
          >I have just put the finishing touches on a new web-page. It is a page that
          >covers
          >the history of the Delaware Otsego System. It features a brief history of
          >the
          >Delaware Otsego Line, Central New York, Cooperstown and Charlotte Valley,
          >Fonda Johnstown and Gloversville and the Lackawaxen and Stourbridge. It
          >also contains lists of Customers, M & W and power assignments. All the
          >credit
          >for the info must go to Mark Jacob. He compiled all the information. I
          >rounded
          >up the pictures and built the page. Hopefully I have credited the right
          >people.
          >
          >*If Arnold Mooney, Tim Wakeman and Michael Bates are listening, please give
          >her a look and make sure I credited correctly!
          >
          >If you are interested in the histories of these lines, you might like this
          >page. It is
          >a great companion to my current FJ&G Page. It should also interest fans of
          >the
          >DL&W/ERIE and D & H. There should be more images to come. My ultimate
          >goal
          >is to get a picture for each piece of equipment and even the customers if
          >possible. If
          >there is anyone who may have shots to accompany this info, please help!
          >
          >Here is the link...
          >
          >http://www.fjgrr.com/DOS
          >
          >Thanks,
          >
          >Gino and Mark
          >
          >Gino DiCarlo
          >Imaging
          >
          >Quad/Imaging
          >A Division of Quad/Graphics
          >
          >Saratoga Springs, New York
          >
          >518-581-4276 phone
          >gino.dicarlo@...
          >www.QG.com

          Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2003
            I recently was going through some old issues of RailsNortheast and saw the
            photo. There was also a loco news item that I reported the 21 in little
            Ferry. If I look again I could nail the date for you if anyone needs it...

          • mwilber@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 16, 2003
              Nice article in todays Binghamton Sun-Bulletin that one of ours
              ex-member (Mike Engle) bought a diner in Wellington,Ohio and had it
              shipped here to Gilbertsville,NY. It was known as Carls Diner but Mike
              has renamed it Cecil's,in which he named it after his grandfather that
              was an engineer with the New York Central. Carls Diner use to serve many
              railroad workers in the past years. Good luck Mike if your still on.
              Mark
            • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 22, 2003
                > I recently was going through some old issues of RailsNortheast and saw the
                > photo. There was also a loco news item that I reported the 21 in little
                > Ferry. If I look again I could nail the date for you if anyone needs it...

                Yes Joe, get me those dates...

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 22, 2003
                  I am going to have to go through about thirty issues but I will try... I
                  just happened upon the negative...want to borrow it?

                  >From: Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
                  >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] New Web Site
                  >Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:57 -0500
                  >
                  > > I recently was going through some old issues of RailsNortheast and saw
                  >the
                  > > photo. There was also a loco news item that I reported the 21 in little
                  > > Ferry. If I look again I could nail the date for you if anyone needs
                  >it...
                  > >

                  >Yes Joe, get me those dates...
                  >
                  >Gino

                  Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox. Get MSN Extra Storage
                  now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
                • Walt Danylak
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 23, 2003
                    Speaking of photos, does anyone in the group have the negative of
                    either 20 or 21 at the D&H shops in Colonie? I saw this photo a few
                    years ago, but I don't remember who had it.

                    Walt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 23, 2003
                      Yes!

                      http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/