Re: [FJGRailroad] new guy

  • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2003
      > Hello, my name is Brian Shumaker and I hail from Iowa. Although I
      > am new to this list, I've been a fan of the FJG since it graced the
      > pages of MR back in the late 70's.(I'm a sucker for quaint
      > shortlines). Since then I've snatched what info I could on the
      > line, and came across Gino's page about five years ago-boy, has it
      > changed! Great new info for this returnee. Thanks Gino. Ever on
      > the search for more info, rest assured I'll be picking everone's
      > brain out there for all sorts of trival bits.
      >
      > Brian Shumaker

      Welcome to the group Brian!!!! Glad to have you and glad to see your
      Introduction! So you're from Iowa? Well, there's a piece of the FJG
      Somewhere in your state. 44-tonner number 30 now sits on a siding of
      The Burlington Junction Railroad. I believe she is in Mount Pleasant.
      Go find her for us and take some pictures!

      Gino
    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2003
        Welcome Brian,you'll find this is a very friendly group. Gino has put
        together a good web page.I think the letter G in FJG really stands for
        Gino. Mark
      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2003
          Brian,

          Welcome to the group. Feel free to ask any question(s) you have. Most
          likely someone in the group will know the answer. To share
          information is our main purpose. The more people that know the facts
          about the FJ&G the better. Knowledge is useless unless it shared.

          Walt
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 12, 2003
            WowMark, that was pretty nice of you!

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 12, 2003
              think the FJ&G's GE 44 tommer is out near you.....

              >From: "ribside" <bdshumaker@...>
              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [FJGRailroad] new guy
              >Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:05:34 -0000
              >
              > Hello, my name is Brian Shumaker and I hail from Iowa. Although I
              >am new to this list, I've been a fan of the FJG since it graced the
              >pages of MR back in the late 70's.(I'm a sucker for quaint
              >shortlines). Since then I've snatched what info I could on the
              >line, and came across Gino's page about five years ago-boy, has it
              >changed! Great new info for this returnee. Thanks Gino. Ever on
              >the search for more info, rest assured I'll be picking everone's
              >brain out there for all sorts of trival bits.
              >
              >Brian Shumaker

              Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail
              Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es