new guy

  • ribside
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2003
      Hello, my name is Brian Shumaker and I hail from Iowa. Although I
      am new to this list, I've been a fan of the FJG since it graced the
      pages of MR back in the late 70's.(I'm a sucker for quaint
      shortlines). Since then I've snatched what info I could on the
      line, and came across Gino's page about five years ago-boy, has it
      changed! Great new info for this returnee. Thanks Gino. Ever on
      the search for more info, rest assured I'll be picking everone's
      brain out there for all sorts of trival bits.

      Brian Shumaker
    • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2003
        > Hello, my name is Brian Shumaker and I hail from Iowa. Although I
        > am new to this list, I've been a fan of the FJG since it graced the
        > pages of MR back in the late 70's.(I'm a sucker for quaint
        > shortlines). Since then I've snatched what info I could on the
        > line, and came across Gino's page about five years ago-boy, has it
        > changed! Great new info for this returnee. Thanks Gino. Ever on
        > the search for more info, rest assured I'll be picking everone's
        > brain out there for all sorts of trival bits.
        >
        > Brian Shumaker

        Welcome to the group Brian!!!! Glad to have you and glad to see your
        Introduction! So you're from Iowa? Well, there's a piece of the FJG
        Somewhere in your state. 44-tonner number 30 now sits on a siding of
        The Burlington Junction Railroad. I believe she is in Mount Pleasant.
        Go find her for us and take some pictures!

        Gino
      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2003
          Welcome Brian,you'll find this is a very friendly group. Gino has put
          together a good web page.I think the letter G in FJG really stands for
          Gino. Mark
        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2003
            Brian,

            Welcome to the group. Feel free to ask any question(s) you have. Most
            likely someone in the group will know the answer. To share
            information is our main purpose. The more people that know the facts
            about the FJ&G the better. Knowledge is useless unless it shared.

            Walt
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 12, 2003
              WowMark, that was pretty nice of you!

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 12, 2003
                think the FJ&G's GE 44 tommer is out near you.....

                >From: "ribside" <bdshumaker@...>
                >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [FJGRailroad] new guy
                >Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:05:34 -0000
                >
                > Hello, my name is Brian Shumaker and I hail from Iowa. Although I
                >am new to this list, I've been a fan of the FJG since it graced the
                >pages of MR back in the late 70's.(I'm a sucker for quaint
                >shortlines). Since then I've snatched what info I could on the
                >line, and came across Gino's page about five years ago-boy, has it
                >changed! Great new info for this returnee. Thanks Gino. Ever on
                >the search for more info, rest assured I'll be picking everone's
                >brain out there for all sorts of trival bits.
                >
                >Brian Shumaker

                Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail
                Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es