RE: [FJGRailroad] Hellllo out therrrrrrreeeee

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
      I had that happen to me in CPRail's Saratoga Yard. I told him
      I just wanted to take a picture, not blow anything up! He still
      told me to get lost! I had my son's with me yesterday and I figured
      they weren't going to arrest all three of us! Gee, does the NYSW
      have bulls?

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
        I can tell you that the plow which remained in B&M colors for a considerable
        time, was moved to Utica under this FRA rule 99, equipment moving on its own
        wheels to be scrapped, only it did not get scrapped. My recollection is that
        there was a lot of equipment (mainly boxcars) that moved to Utica with this
        stencile.

        What happened to the equipment that remaioned on line ? I thought it was
        scrapped like the Reefer out at Coleco but have never seen any photos of
        the equipment actually being scrapped. By the way do any of you have any
        idea how that mechanical reffedr came to be out at Coleco in the first
        place? I also remember the plow being stored out there and there was quite a
        behive suspended from its ceiling.

        >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
        >To: "FJGrailroad (E-mail)" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Hellllo out therrrrrrreeeee
        >Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 06:24:02 -0500
        >
        >Hi everyone!
        >
        >Long time no hear!!! We've got a lot of new members and I want to
        >personally
        >welcome them to the group! Hope we'll get some personal introductions!
        >Don't
        >be shy. One of our new members, Dean Splittgerber has two of his photos in
        >the September issue of RAILPACE. You'll find them in the "Empire State
        >Limited"
        >section. He's got a shot of the little center-cab engine at Cushing Stone
        >and a
        >shot of a burned out Metro-North engine at Super Steel in Scotia. Check it
        >out!
        >
        >On to FJG news...
        >
        >I was railfanning around Utica yesterday and decided to visit the NYSW
        >shops.
        >Lo and behold, there's the FJG/DO ex B&M 202 snow plow sitting in the yard.
        >It has been moved from here previous location of 15 years. Can anyone tell
        >us what her fate is? Is she finally destined for the great-flanger in the
        >sky?
        >Wow, I drove all over those yards yesterday. Trespassing up a storm! Hey
        >Mark, don't they work there on Sundays?
        >
        >Gino
        >Group Moderator
        >

        >Gino DiCarlo
        >Imaging
        >
        >Quad/Imaging
        >A Division of Quad/Graphics
        >
        >Saratoga Springs, New York
        >
        >518-581-4276 phone
        >gino.dicarlo@...
        >www.QG.com

        Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month. Limited time offer--
        sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
          Joe,

          Whatever equipment could make the move, it did. Most by trackmobile
          to Fonda and then to Utica. I remember going to Utica shopping back
          in 1985 and there was a yard full of the Blue DO boxcars. Of course
          the last of the equipment was moved in late 1988. This is when the
          snow plow went out. The NYSW had the plow on her active roster for
          quite some time, but I don't know it's current status. In case you
          don't know, someone set her on fire sometime last year. The shell is
          still intact, but the wooden parts are a mess. I will post a current
          picture of her when I get my slides back...

          I can tell you that the plow which remained in B&M colors for a considerable

          time, was moved to Utica under this FRA rule 99, equipment moving on its own

          wheels to be scrapped, only it did not get scrapped. My recollection is that

          there was a lot of equipment (mainly boxcars) that moved to Utica with this
          stencile.

          What happened to the equipment that remaioned on line ? I thought it was
          scrapped like the Reefer out at Coleco but have never seen any photos of
          the equipment actually being scrapped. By the way do any of you have any
          idea how that mechanical reffedr came to be out at Coleco in the first
          place? I also remember the plow being stored out there and there was quite a

          behive suspended from its ceiling.

          >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
          >To: "FJGrailroad (E-mail)" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Hellllo out therrrrrrreeeee
          >Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 06:24:02 -0500
          >
          >Hi everyone!
          >
          >Long time no hear!!! We've got a lot of new members and I want to
          >personally
          >welcome them to the group! Hope we'll get some personal introductions!
          >Don't
          >be shy. One of our new members, Dean Splittgerber has two of his photos in
          >the September issue of RAILPACE. You'll find them in the "Empire State
          >Limited"
          >section. He's got a shot of the little center-cab engine at Cushing Stone
          >and a
          >shot of a burned out Metro-North engine at Super Steel in Scotia. Check it
          >out!
          >
          >On to FJG news...
          >
          >I was railfanning around Utica yesterday and decided to visit the NYSW
          >shops.
          >Lo and behold, there's the FJG/DO ex B&M 202 snow plow sitting in the yard.
          >It has been moved from here previous location of 15 years. Can anyone tell
          >us what her fate is? Is she finally destined for the great-flanger in the
          >sky?
          >Wow, I drove all over those yards yesterday. Trespassing up a storm! Hey
          >Mark, don't they work there on Sundays?
          >
          >Gino
          >Group Moderator
          >

          >Gino DiCarlo
          >Imaging
          >
          >Quad/Imaging
          >A Division of Quad/Graphics
          >
          >Saratoga Springs, New York
          >
          >518-581-4276 phone
          >gino.dicarlo@...
          >www.QG.com

          Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month. Limited time offer--

          sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

          http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          http://www.lostlandmarks.org

        • peter sefton
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
            Gino, did you see that great tower by Snydecker & Schuyler near the
            Utica Club brewery?

[...]

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
              Oh yeah Pete! I've photographed that area in the past!
              I just love Schuyler Street which is a street-running
              railroad! I'd love to catch a train going p the street,
              but I never make it there on weekdays!

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
                Gino-Usually there are no jobs out of Utica on sundays. Binghamton is
                where the action is on sundays.Also in Syracuse we get cars in at
                DeWitt.Anytime you or anyone wants a tour of our line,let me know. Mark
              • mwilber@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
                  Does anyone knows if the Rule 99 doesnt apply to any equipment over 40
                  years old?
                  Mark
                • mwilber@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
                    Gino - Isnt that the snow plow that was torched off last year by some
                    kids? Mark
                  • mwilber@webtv.net
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 6, 2003
                      Its really fun coming down the street in the winter with snow banks on
                      each side and automobiles parked on the tracks. Gino,did you also find
                      the switch stand for Matts Brewery? Its under the street.Mark
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 7, 2003
                        Yes Mark, that's the same one! It used to be by the Route 12
                        bridge, but now it is in the yard. As a matter of fact, right
                        behind an LASB boxcar...

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 7, 2003
                          Do you push the cars out of the way with the engine?

                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 7, 2003
                            We would like to but we cant.As long as the locomtives clear thats all
                            we are concern.If we cant get by a car we usually call the city police
                            to handle it.MARK
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 9, 2003
                              Is this 99 in the AAR Mechanical Rules governing car repairs and inspection?

                              PKL

                              >From: mwilber@...
                              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Hellllo out therrrrrrreeeee
                              >Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:41:22 -0400 (EDT)
                              >
                              >Does anyone knows if the Rule 99 doesnt apply to any equipment over 40
                              >years old?
                              > Mark

                              Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.