Amtrak Detour

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
      I just heard that there was a wreck on the Chicago Line and that Amtrak was
      going
      to detour from Schenectady down to Binghamton and then travel the Southern
      Tier
      to Buffalo. What an awesome ride that would be! Anyone have any details on
      the
      Chicago-Line wreck that is causing the re-route?

      Gino

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York

      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com
    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
        <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:

        > I just heard that there was a wreck on the Chicago Line and that
        Amtrak was
        > going
        > to detour from Schenectady down to Binghamton and then travel the
        Southern
        > Tier
        > to Buffalo. What an awesome ride that would be! Anyone have any
        details on
        > the
        > Chicago-Line wreck that is causing the re-route?
        >
        > Gino

        Gino,

        All I've heard so far is that CSX put one on the ground at Palmyra
        which evidently has both tracks blocked.

        Glenn
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
          They put one on the ground? I like that Glenn! That's a cool
          saying!

          All I've heard so far is that CSX put one on the ground at Palmyra
          which evidently has both tracks blocked.

          Glenn

          http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          http://www.lostlandmarks.org

        • Glenn J. Williams
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
            <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
            > They put one on the ground? I like that Glenn! That's a cool
            > saying!
            >
            > Gino

            Well, not if you are the one who did it. . .
          • Stephen G. Myers
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
              Pete Strange was the conductor. We had very little come into the Selkirk
              receiving yard all afternoon because of the derailment.

              I don't agree with this web site but you might find it interesting.

              CSX-SUCKS.COM

              Steve

              .

            • mwilber@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
                I understand that propane cars were involved.I'll have to keep my eyes
                open for the Amtraks,I live next to the D&H line.Mark
              • mwilber@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
                  Gino-Thats the railroading term for a derailment. "on the ground". Mark
                • LeeDarshi Morelli
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 30, 2003
                    Is this the Palmyra wreck you are referring to?