Re: Re: Maps

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
      Good luck at SU Aaron!

      --
      Gino DiCarlo

      http://www.capital.net/users/~dicarlos

      ----------

    • jonathan_bunker@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12 6:52 AM
        Hey does anyone know where I can find an accurate or relatively
        accurate map of the FJ&G preferably from around the turn of the
        century?
        -Jonathan
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 12 12:55 PM
          What type of "map" would you be looking for? i.e. topographical, valuation
          or yard and side track layouts?

          The railroad location hadn't change significantly since 1910 so almost any
          map after that period up to the late fifties would be the same as at 1905.
          Re: the trolley and Northville lines those were gone in the late thirties
          but are carried on many of he topo maps into the fifties. One of our group
          suggested a source for topo info on line but I can't recall the site; I'm
          sure a simple search would help you find it. If you need something specific
          I could possibly scan and forward it to you.

          Sanborn maps are really not good for tracks and don't carry trolley routes.
          The various atlases published through the years carry excellent maps and can
          be found at libraries or perhaps on line. Scanning one of the atlases is not
          possible, but at the state library they have much Fulton and Montgomery
          county stuff on microfilm that can be copied for a dime.

          PKL

          >From: jonathan_bunker@...
          >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Maps
          >Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:52:22 -0000
          >
          >Hey does anyone know where I can find an accurate or relatively
          >accurate map of the FJ&G preferably from around the turn of the
          >century?
          > -Jonathan

        • Glenn Williams
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 12 4:35 PM
            --- In FJGRailroad@e..., "paul larner" <pklarner@h...> wrote:
            > [snip]
            > One of our group suggested a source for topo info on line but I
            > can't recall the site; I'm sure a simple search would help you find
            >it.
            > [snip]

            Uh, well, that would be my cue, Jonathan. Go to TopoZone.com, enter
            Fonda, NY, as a destination and go from there. My original message
            is number 1642, which you can find in the Messages list and has more
            details.

            Reading through the messages list will be a good introduction to the
            group and bring you up to speed on what we've chewed over. I still
            refer back to them to refresh my memory on some point or other.

            If you've signed up at as Yahoo member, you will be able to go
            through the Files and Links sections. And, of course, there's Gino's
            website.

            Welcome to the group.

            Glenn
          • Randy & Lorraine Decker
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 13 6:16 AM
              YEP! what Paul said!!
              > What type of "map" would you be looking for? i.e. topographical,
              valuation
              > or yard and side track layouts?
              >
              > The railroad location hadn't change significantly since 1910 so almost any
              > map after that period up to the late fifties would be the same as at 1905.
              > Re: the trolley and Northville lines those were gone in the late thirties
              > but are carried on many of he topo maps into the fifties. One of our
              group
              > suggested a source for topo info on line but I can't recall the site; I'm
              > sure a simple search would help you find it. If you need something
              specific
              > I could possibly scan and forward it to you.
              >
              > Sanborn maps are really not good for tracks and don't carry trolley
              routes.
              > The various atlases published through the years carry excellent maps and
              can
              > be found at libraries or perhaps on line. Scanning one of the atlases is
              not
              > possible, but at the state library they have much Fulton and Montgomery
              > county stuff on microfilm that can be copied for a dime.
              >

              > PKL
              >

              > >From: jonathan_bunker@...
              > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Maps
              > >Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:52:22 -0000
              > >
              > >Hey does anyone know where I can find an accurate or relatively
              > >accurate map of the FJ&G preferably from around the turn of the
              > >century?
              > > -Jonathan

              http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

            • Dean R. Pausley
              Message 6 of 8 , May 15, 2001
                Takes a while to wade through and decipher, but the collection is neat. Has
                a complete section on Transportation and Railroads.

                http://www.garlic.com/~kpranger/maps.htm

                Best Regards,
                Dean Pausley
                dpausle1@...