RE: [FJGRailroad] Lost Landmarks

  • peter sefton
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003

      Thank you, Gino, for your kind words. Certainly 2 of the best photo features on the site came from the group--- Gino’s page on the building that just won’t quite die (as of July anyhow), the FJG Coalhouse and Jerry Snyder’s page on the Kelloggs and Miller Mill. Plus the advice I got for the Fonda pages really helped them out big time.

      I’m always looking for imperiled or lost mills, barns, houses, old signs, or really anything with a story behind it, to post, so, please, if you have a shot of something like that, e-mail it (psefton@...) and I’ll post it on a page. I’m also always looking for tips on sites tp photograph, although I won’t be back up until after Labor Day.

      When I was up over the 4th, I got a really good tour of Troy from Don Rittner who writes for the newspaper there, and hope to post some pictures from inside the factory that made the rivets for the USS Monitor soon.

      Peter S.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
        Peter,

        Your Lost Landmarks site is superb.  Thank you for your time and efforts to maintain it.

        My wife and I belong to an organization that would be interested in your efforts, The National Trust for Historic Preservation.  Have you contacted them, and/or are you familiar with them?  It is a group with a nationally respected clout.

        The annual "family dues " are only $25.00, well worth it just for the magazine it publishes.

        Best wishes,

        Dick Finn

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
          Hey Gino,

          I mailed you a magazine yesterday, check ou the last page.

          I see your posting photos on NErail site.

          Steve Myers

          .

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
            Yeah, that site is great! Your shots on there are great! I need
            to post the link to our FJG group!