Re: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam, Chuctanunda, & Northern Railroad

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31 9:07 PM
      The A.C. & N was "used and operated by the NYC&HRRR Co as a branch for the
      delivery of freight" from its beginning. The AC&N was leased to the NYC
      11/1/7 for an indefinite period, lease terminable one 1 year's notice.
      Don't know when it finally went out of business, could it have been when the
      mill was sold? Still existed in 1948.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
        Joe,

        I've got some NYC TTs from the early 60's and I can't find
        anything on the Kellogg Branch. Did it list stations? Also,
        can you give me the stations for the LF&D?

        I have a NYC timetable around here that refers to it as the Kellog Branck.
        Way back in 1908 I think, the owners leased the AC&N to the NYC&HRR

        >From: "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam, Chuctanunda, & Northern Railroad
        >Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:30:51 -0000
        >
        >Jerry,
        >
        >I just read your article about the Kelloggs & Miller plant on the
        >Lost Landmarks website. One interesting item I read concerned the
        >company having their own tank cars. Have any photos of these cars
        >turned up? Do you know what dates these cars were used? It seems
        >somewhat strange that I've found nothing in the Democrat/Recorder
        >mentioning these cars. I'm sure the newspaper would have said
        >something about them. Anything to do with local railroading usually
        >made the newspapers, with the AC&N being the exception so far. The
        >newspaper always refered to it as the Kellogg Branch, never the AC&N.
        >
        >Walt

        http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org