Fonda Passenger Tracks

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 2:39 PM
      I remember going to New York to visit my grandmother on the train when
      I was five or six years old. We crossed two or three tracks and
      sometimes had to walk one or two car lengths on the platform to board.
      It seems like once we had to wait for a freight to clear while the
      passenger train waited on one of the south tracks. No good trains
      stopped at Fonda, only locals which were sometimes called excursions,
      what ever that means. Those were magical trips...the West Albany
      shops were still in operation as well the engine service facility
      across from the Albany station.
      Saul