Re: [dandh] Re: Starting Point to model D&H GP39-2

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Does anybody out there do custom paint? I want to get a brass ALCO swicher
      and have it painted in the FJ&G's colors. I have a paint diagram that is
      pretty accurate.

      >From: wle2679@...
      >To: dandh@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [dandh] Re: Starting Point to model D&H GP39-2
      >Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:01:01 EDT
      >
      >In a message dated 6/2/2003 11:15:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      >dlezette@... writes:
      >
      ><< you may want to wait for Life Like's Proto 2000 GP38-2 due in
      > September. >>
      >
      >They are doing them in LV. My LV units will be painted D&H Blue & Yellow,
      >stripped (very carefully) to represent the paint falling off :)
      >
      >Matt "The Z Man" Adams
      >CSXT MP BAX 3.4 - Frederick Branch; Old Main Line Sub, Baltimore Div
      >http://RailsForOhio.Railfan.net
      >Ebay: CSXT6573
      >ICQ: 28791367
      >AIM: WE GP35 2662
      >AOL: WLE2679
      >MSN: CSXT6573@...
      >
      >"Who controls the past now, controls the future
      >Who controls the present now, controls the past
      >Who controls the past now, controls the future
      >Who controls the present now?"
      > Rage Against The Machine - Testify (CD - The Battle of Los Angeles)

    • stevefjg20
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        Hi Joe my freind painted my 20 &21 and 30 for me I can ask if he
        might think about doing another one but he won't paint brass models
        why i don't know if your going by the paint chart in the 79
        modelrailroader.You'll need to add more of the Amtrak red than they
        say and youll have to work with the other colors a little bit.We got
        it on the second try.the first try was way to light.Just as a
        suggestion if your looking into a Alco model's brass S-2 the model is
        butifull but the motor is garbage either remotor it or buy the Atlas
        S-2 and detail it.The atlas run's better and you can get one mail
        order for about $59 alot cheaper than brass and a much better running
        engine.Just a suggestion though .

        Steve

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"