Lost Landmarks

    Message 1 of 14 , May 28, 2003
      Hi guys,

      Our member Pete Sefton sent me some info on a web-page of his and I
      misplaced
      it until now. Sorry Pete! The page deals with lost landmarks and it is a
      great idea.
      Maybe some people can help him with new material. Check out the page and
      see
      for yourself... http://www.lostlandmarks.org/
      Can the old coal house be included in the page Pete? I can send you a scan?

      Gino
    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 14 , May 28, 2003
        <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
        > [snip]
        > Can the old coal house be included in the page Pete? I can send
        you a scan?

        > Gino

        Gino,

        I have some colour pix of the Fulton County Coal Co. house in
        Gloversville, taken circa 1995, IIRC. Let me see if I can find them.

        Glenn
      • peter sefton
        Message 3 of 14 , May 29, 2003
          been out of town...that would be really cool, gino

          Message 4 of 14 , May 30, 2003
            thank you for the nice intro, Gino.

            Yes, I am really eager to add more sites to the Lost landmarks page. Right now I am out of my own shots to add, as I live in Virginia and will not be upstate again until July 4th. I hope to spend a day then going along the Mohawk River valley and photographing imperiled buildings, plus some time around Amsterdam and Gloversville.

            If anyone has pictures I could add, I welcome scans and text. My e-mail is psefton@...

            Peter Sefton

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
              Pete,

              I have pictures of the Coal House in her heyday, after the railroad and being leveled!
              I could supply all three if you would like?

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                love to put them up! Do you have them as scans or "hard copy"?

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                  I have scans Pete!  I will forward them if you'd like!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2, 2003
                    I just lost my harddrive and am installing a replacement tonight. How
                    about if I e-mail you tomorrow when I have verified that what killed
                    the old dtive isn;t contagious?

                    > I have scans Pete! I will forward them if you'd like!
                    >
                    > Gino

                    <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170
                    52952
                    > 67:HM/A=1564416/R=0/SIG=11ti81skc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?
                    mqso=60164
                    > 797&partid=3170658>
                    >
                    > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                    M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmai

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 3, 2003
                      Whenever you're ready Pete!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 31, 2003
                        Guys,

                        If you get a chance, check out Pete Sefton's "lost Landmarks" page. He has
                        done
                        an awesome job! Here is the link. http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                        I have added it to the bottom of our email messages. At the site you'll
                        find
                        a great article on the Gloversville Coal House and of some great buildings
                        and
                        businesses around Amsterdam and Fonda...

                        Gino

                        Gino DiCarlo
                        Imaging

                        Quad/Imaging
                        A Division of Quad/Graphics

                        Saratoga Springs, New York

                        518-581-4276 phone
                        gino.dicarlo@...
                        www.QG.com
                      • peter sefton
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003

                          Thank you, Gino, for your kind words. Certainly 2 of the best photo features on the site came from the group--- Gino’s page on the building that just won’t quite die (as of July anyhow), the FJG Coalhouse and Jerry Snyder’s page on the Kelloggs and Miller Mill. Plus the advice I got for the Fonda pages really helped them out big time.

                          I’m always looking for imperiled or lost mills, barns, houses, old signs, or really anything with a story behind it, to post, so, please, if you have a shot of something like that, e-mail it (psefton@...) and I’ll post it on a page. I’m also always looking for tips on sites tp photograph, although I won’t be back up until after Labor Day.

                          When I was up over the 4th, I got a really good tour of Troy from Don Rittner who writes for the newspaper there, and hope to post some pictures from inside the factory that made the rivets for the USS Monitor soon.

                          Peter S.

                          If you get a chance, check out Pete Sefton's "lost Landmarks" page.  He has
                          done
                          an awesome job!  Here is the link.  http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                          I have added it to the bottom of our email messages.  At the site you'll
                          find
                          a great article on the Gloversville Coal House and of some great buildings
                          and
                          businesses around Amsterdam and Fonda...

                          Gino

                          Gino DiCarlo
                          Imaging

                          Quad/Imaging
                          A Division of Quad/Graphics

                          Saratoga Springs, New York

                          518-581-4276 phone
                          gino.dicarlo@...
                          www.QG.com

                          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                          http://www.lostlandmarks.org

                        • Richard Finn
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
                            Peter,

                            Your Lost Landmarks site is superb.  Thank you for your time and efforts to maintain it.

                            My wife and I belong to an organization that would be interested in your efforts, The National Trust for Historic Preservation.  Have you contacted them, and/or are you familiar with them?  It is a group with a nationally respected clout.

                            The annual "family dues " are only $25.00, well worth it just for the magazine it publishes.

                            Best wishes,

                            Dick Finn

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
                              Hey Gino,

                              I mailed you a magazine yesterday, check ou the last page.

                              I see your posting photos on NErail site.

                              Steve Myers

                              .

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
                                Yeah, that site is great! Your shots on there are great! I need
                                to post the link to our FJG group!