Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda interlockings

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 6:20 PM
      Before the TCS there were signals bridges at very close intervals. You can
      still see the bases all the way from NYC to Buffalo. Today spacing is about
      two miles, but it is evident there were more intermediate signals. They all
      came out when the TCS was completed. When tower 16 was relocated to the
      station remote control switches were installed at the location now called
      CP184 and CP188. 16 controlled them. How much else 16 controlled I do not
      know. There were still towermen and towers all along the Mohawk in the
      sixties but the handwriting was on the wall.

      Paul