RE: Fw: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2003
      It's funny, I went looking for the remaining AC&N (CSX Kellogg Branch)
      this winter and the day I go, there's a derailed Conrail caboose on
      the line! Took some slides too! It's got quite a steep grade going
      up to the Fiberglass plant. Uncle Lee, if you come up Route 5 from
      Schenectady, there is a rail overpass right before Amsterdam. That is
      where the original AC&N left the New York Central and went up to the mills
      in Amsterdam. I remember deliveries being made to the Coleco plant in
      Amsterdam and it was quite hectic when the train passed through the 5 points
      section. That is where Route 67 passes through and there is a crazy
      intersection. The AC&N used to split right in that intersection
      where it would got to the different mills. There used to be a big
      coal trestle up Forest Ave that was taken down in the early 90's!
      A lot of great places to photo, but I never got around to taking any!