Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

  • mwilber@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
      Oops, Im on vacation a week earlier than the meeting. Wasnt thinking.
      Mark
    • Gerald Snyder
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
        The trestle came down a few years ago, but I think the
        rails had been taken up all the way back to the five
        corners area (Kelloggs Pond)and up to the powerhouse
        prior to that. I would like to have the pictures if
        you could send me the files, or scan them if you only
        have prints. I was up looking at the old mill
        powerhouse the other day and will be going back when
        it dries out a little more to get some digitals of it
        and the surrounding area.

        --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Gerald Snyder
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
          Any photos of the downtown area, industries, and areas
          along the AC&N and FJ&G electric lines would help.
          Either files or prints I can scan and return. Have
          been going through the county archives in Fonda as
          well as the FM library and website, Walter Elwood
          Museum, and archive files of the Yahoo FJ&G group.

          Anyone interested in our model project is invited to
          stop by a meeting, Sunday's @ 2:00 PM in the VFW
          building on East Main St. (just east of the Amsterdam
          Mall, south side, corner of Washington St.)

          http://search.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
            Glenn,

            The only Amsterdam shots I have are postcards. I don't know
            how helpful they'd be, but I will scan them for you if you'd
            like!

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
              Gino,
              Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, but
              before I put you through any work, let me get together
              a list of the post cards I already have and send you
              that - no reason you should have to do those.
              Jerry

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                end me an address and I'll see if I can dig up the photos

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                  Let me know and I'll also dig through my stuff for downtown
                  Amsterdam! I have some shots of trolleys going through
                  residential Amsterdam, I don't know why I don't have anything
                  near the business section! I only remember Amsterdam before
                  the Mall slightly, but what I remember was that it was pretty
                  neat. Especially the trolley tracks still in main street!