Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
      It was constructed at the time Route 5 was rebuilt, in the early sixties.

      PKL

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
        Oops, Im on vacation a week earlier than the meeting. Wasnt thinking.
        Mark
      • Gerald Snyder
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
          The trestle came down a few years ago, but I think the
          rails had been taken up all the way back to the five
          corners area (Kelloggs Pond)and up to the powerhouse
          prior to that. I would like to have the pictures if
          you could send me the files, or scan them if you only
          have prints. I was up looking at the old mill
          powerhouse the other day and will be going back when
          it dries out a little more to get some digitals of it
          and the surrounding area.

          wrote:
          > I do not know if the trestle is still in place on
          > the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
          > and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took
          > when the rails were still
          > in place.
          >

          > >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
          > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street
          > Railway
          > >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
          > >
          > >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope
          > >have it operational within the next couple of weeks
          > -
          > >I'll let you know when it's posted.
          > >Thanks,
          > >Jerry

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Gerald Snyder
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
            Any photos of the downtown area, industries, and areas
            along the AC&N and FJ&G electric lines would help.
            Either files or prints I can scan and return. Have
            been going through the county archives in Fonda as
            well as the FM library and website, Walter Elwood
            Museum, and archive files of the Yahoo FJ&G group.

            Anyone interested in our model project is invited to
            stop by a meeting, Sunday's @ 2:00 PM in the VFW
            building on East Main St. (just east of the Amsterdam
            Mall, south side, corner of Washington St.)

            http://search.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
              Glenn,

              The only Amsterdam shots I have are postcards. I don't know
              how helpful they'd be, but I will scan them for you if you'd
              like!

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                Gino,
                Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, but
                before I put you through any work, let me get together
                a list of the post cards I already have and send you
                that - no reason you should have to do those.
                Jerry

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                  end me an address and I'll see if I can dig up the photos

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                    Let me know and I'll also dig through my stuff for downtown
                    Amsterdam! I have some shots of trolleys going through
                    residential Amsterdam, I don't know why I don't have anything
                    near the business section! I only remember Amsterdam before
                    the Mall slightly, but what I remember was that it was pretty
                    neat. Especially the trolley tracks still in main street!