Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
      I don't know about the grade but it is pretty stiff. That bridge has aklways
      been there as far as I am concerned.

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
        It was constructed at the time Route 5 was rebuilt, in the early sixties.

        PKL

      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
          Oops, Im on vacation a week earlier than the meeting. Wasnt thinking.
          Mark
        • Gerald Snyder
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
            The trestle came down a few years ago, but I think the
            rails had been taken up all the way back to the five
            corners area (Kelloggs Pond)and up to the powerhouse
            prior to that. I would like to have the pictures if
            you could send me the files, or scan them if you only
            have prints. I was up looking at the old mill
            powerhouse the other day and will be going back when
            it dries out a little more to get some digitals of it
            and the surrounding area.

            wrote:
            > I do not know if the trestle is still in place on
            > the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
            > and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took
            > when the rails were still
            > in place.
            >

            > >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
            > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street
            > Railway
            > >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
            > >
            > >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope
            > >have it operational within the next couple of weeks
            > -
            > >I'll let you know when it's posted.
            > >Thanks,
            > >Jerry

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Gerald Snyder
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
              Any photos of the downtown area, industries, and areas
              along the AC&N and FJ&G electric lines would help.
              Either files or prints I can scan and return. Have
              been going through the county archives in Fonda as
              well as the FM library and website, Walter Elwood
              Museum, and archive files of the Yahoo FJ&G group.

              Anyone interested in our model project is invited to
              stop by a meeting, Sunday's @ 2:00 PM in the VFW
              building on East Main St. (just east of the Amsterdam
              Mall, south side, corner of Washington St.)

              http://search.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                Glenn,

                The only Amsterdam shots I have are postcards. I don't know
                how helpful they'd be, but I will scan them for you if you'd
                like!

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                  Gino,
                  Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, but
                  before I put you through any work, let me get together
                  a list of the post cards I already have and send you
                  that - no reason you should have to do those.
                  Jerry

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                    end me an address and I'll see if I can dig up the photos

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                      Let me know and I'll also dig through my stuff for downtown
                      Amsterdam! I have some shots of trolleys going through
                      residential Amsterdam, I don't know why I don't have anything
                      near the business section! I only remember Amsterdam before
                      the Mall slightly, but what I remember was that it was pretty
                      neat. Especially the trolley tracks still in main street!