Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

  • cf76triumph
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 14, 2003
      What was the grade of that line? It seemed pretty stiff coming off the
      NYC main. Also, what year was the new deck bridge built over Rt. 5?
      Saul

      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"
      <riverlinejoe@h...> wrote:
      > I do not know if the trestle is still in place on the Amsterdam
      Chuchtanunda

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
        I don't know about the grade but it is pretty stiff. That bridge has aklways
        been there as far as I am concerned.

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
          It was constructed at the time Route 5 was rebuilt, in the early sixties.

          PKL

        • mwilber@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
            Oops, Im on vacation a week earlier than the meeting. Wasnt thinking.
            Mark
          • Gerald Snyder
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
              The trestle came down a few years ago, but I think the
              rails had been taken up all the way back to the five
              corners area (Kelloggs Pond)and up to the powerhouse
              prior to that. I would like to have the pictures if
              you could send me the files, or scan them if you only
              have prints. I was up looking at the old mill
              powerhouse the other day and will be going back when
              it dries out a little more to get some digitals of it
              and the surrounding area.

              wrote:
              > I do not know if the trestle is still in place on
              > the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
              > and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took
              > when the rails were still
              > in place.
              >

              > >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
              > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street
              > Railway
              > >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
              > >
              > >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope
              > >have it operational within the next couple of weeks
              > -
              > >I'll let you know when it's posted.
              > >Thanks,
              > >Jerry

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • Gerald Snyder
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
                Any photos of the downtown area, industries, and areas
                along the AC&N and FJ&G electric lines would help.
                Either files or prints I can scan and return. Have
                been going through the county archives in Fonda as
                well as the FM library and website, Walter Elwood
                Museum, and archive files of the Yahoo FJ&G group.

                Anyone interested in our model project is invited to
                stop by a meeting, Sunday's @ 2:00 PM in the VFW
                building on East Main St. (just east of the Amsterdam
                Mall, south side, corner of Washington St.)

                http://search.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                  Glenn,

                  The only Amsterdam shots I have are postcards. I don't know
                  how helpful they'd be, but I will scan them for you if you'd
                  like!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                    Gino,
                    Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, but
                    before I put you through any work, let me get together
                    a list of the post cards I already have and send you
                    that - no reason you should have to do those.
                    Jerry

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                      end me an address and I'll see if I can dig up the photos

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                        Let me know and I'll also dig through my stuff for downtown
                        Amsterdam! I have some shots of trolleys going through
                        residential Amsterdam, I don't know why I don't have anything
                        near the business section! I only remember Amsterdam before
                        the Mall slightly, but what I remember was that it was pretty
                        neat. Especially the trolley tracks still in main street!