Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 14, 2003
      I do not know if the trestle is still in place on the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
      and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took when the rails were still
      in place.

      >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway
      >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope to
      >have it operational within the next couple of weeks -
      >I'll let you know when it's posted.
      >Thanks,
      >Jerry

    • cf76triumph
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 14, 2003
        What was the grade of that line? It seemed pretty stiff coming off the
        NYC main. Also, what year was the new deck bridge built over Rt. 5?
        Saul

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
          I don't know about the grade but it is pretty stiff. That bridge has aklways
          been there as far as I am concerned.

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
            It was constructed at the time Route 5 was rebuilt, in the early sixties.

            PKL

          • mwilber@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
              Oops, Im on vacation a week earlier than the meeting. Wasnt thinking.
              Mark
            • Gerald Snyder
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
                The trestle came down a few years ago, but I think the
                rails had been taken up all the way back to the five
                corners area (Kelloggs Pond)and up to the powerhouse
                prior to that. I would like to have the pictures if
                you could send me the files, or scan them if you only
                have prints. I was up looking at the old mill
                powerhouse the other day and will be going back when
                it dries out a little more to get some digitals of it
                and the surrounding area.

                wrote:
                > I do not know if the trestle is still in place on
                > the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
                > and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took
                > when the rails were still
                > in place.
                >

                > >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
                > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street
                > Railway
                > >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
                > >
                > >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope
                > >have it operational within the next couple of weeks
                > -
                > >I'll let you know when it's posted.
                > >Thanks,
                > >Jerry

                http://search.yahoo.com
              • Gerald Snyder
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
                  Any photos of the downtown area, industries, and areas
                  along the AC&N and FJ&G electric lines would help.
                  Either files or prints I can scan and return. Have
                  been going through the county archives in Fonda as
                  well as the FM library and website, Walter Elwood
                  Museum, and archive files of the Yahoo FJ&G group.

                  Anyone interested in our model project is invited to
                  stop by a meeting, Sunday's @ 2:00 PM in the VFW
                  building on East Main St. (just east of the Amsterdam
                  Mall, south side, corner of Washington St.)

                  http://search.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                    Glenn,

                    The only Amsterdam shots I have are postcards. I don't know
                    how helpful they'd be, but I will scan them for you if you'd
                    like!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                      Gino,
                      Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, but
                      before I put you through any work, let me get together
                      a list of the post cards I already have and send you
                      that - no reason you should have to do those.
                      Jerry

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                        end me an address and I'll see if I can dig up the photos

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                          Let me know and I'll also dig through my stuff for downtown
                          Amsterdam! I have some shots of trolleys going through
                          residential Amsterdam, I don't know why I don't have anything
                          near the business section! I only remember Amsterdam before
                          the Mall slightly, but what I remember was that it was pretty
                          neat. Especially the trolley tracks still in main street!