Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

  • Gerald Snyder
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 12, 2003
      Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope to
      have it operational within the next couple of weeks -
      I'll let you know when it's posted.
      Thanks,
      Jerry
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 12, 2003
        Gerald,

        Are you getting help with the display? Why do you tell us what
        kind of help, specifically that you are looking for? I'd like
        to see you get what you need. The project is a good one!

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 14, 2003
          I do not know if the trestle is still in place on the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
          and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took when the rails were still
          in place.

          >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
          >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway
          >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope to
          >have it operational within the next couple of weeks -
          >I'll let you know when it's posted.
          >Thanks,
          >Jerry

        • cf76triumph
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 14, 2003
            What was the grade of that line? It seemed pretty stiff coming off the
            NYC main. Also, what year was the new deck bridge built over Rt. 5?
            Saul

            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
              I don't know about the grade but it is pretty stiff. That bridge has aklways
              been there as far as I am concerned.

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
                It was constructed at the time Route 5 was rebuilt, in the early sixties.

                PKL

              • mwilber@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 16, 2003
                  Oops, Im on vacation a week earlier than the meeting. Wasnt thinking.
                  Mark
                • Gerald Snyder
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
                    The trestle came down a few years ago, but I think the
                    rails had been taken up all the way back to the five
                    corners area (Kelloggs Pond)and up to the powerhouse
                    prior to that. I would like to have the pictures if
                    you could send me the files, or scan them if you only
                    have prints. I was up looking at the old mill
                    powerhouse the other day and will be going back when
                    it dries out a little more to get some digitals of it
                    and the surrounding area.

                    wrote:
                    > I do not know if the trestle is still in place on
                    > the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
                    > and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took
                    > when the rails were still
                    > in place.
                    >

                    > >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
                    > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                    > >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street
                    > Railway
                    > >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
                    > >
                    > >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope
                    > >have it operational within the next couple of weeks
                    > -
                    > >I'll let you know when it's posted.
                    > >Thanks,
                    > >Jerry

                    http://search.yahoo.com
                  • Gerald Snyder
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 17, 2003
                      Any photos of the downtown area, industries, and areas
                      along the AC&N and FJ&G electric lines would help.
                      Either files or prints I can scan and return. Have
                      been going through the county archives in Fonda as
                      well as the FM library and website, Walter Elwood
                      Museum, and archive files of the Yahoo FJ&G group.

                      Anyone interested in our model project is invited to
                      stop by a meeting, Sunday's @ 2:00 PM in the VFW
                      building on East Main St. (just east of the Amsterdam
                      Mall, south side, corner of Washington St.)

                      http://search.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                        Glenn,

                        The only Amsterdam shots I have are postcards. I don't know
                        how helpful they'd be, but I will scan them for you if you'd
                        like!

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                          Gino,
                          Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, but
                          before I put you through any work, let me get together
                          a list of the post cards I already have and send you
                          that - no reason you should have to do those.
                          Jerry

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                            end me an address and I'll see if I can dig up the photos

                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 18, 2003
                              Let me know and I'll also dig through my stuff for downtown
                              Amsterdam! I have some shots of trolleys going through
                              residential Amsterdam, I don't know why I don't have anything
                              near the business section! I only remember Amsterdam before
                              the Mall slightly, but what I remember was that it was pretty
                              neat. Especially the trolley tracks still in main street!