Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

  • LeeDarshi Morelli
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 9 3:22 AM

      Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 1:53 AM
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway

      Do you have anything on the web?

      I am working with the Amsterdam Model Railroad Club on an HO scale
      recreation of the city in the early 1900's.  We are currently
      concentrating on the downtown area, covering the section from the
      river north through Main Street and from Bridge Street/Market Street
      east.  Eventually we plan to include as much of the areas covered by
      the trolly lines and rail lines to the upper mills as possible.  I am
      doing research and gathering photos, maps, etc. to work from and
      would appreciate establishing contacts with anyone that could provide
      any information in support of our effort.
      Thanks!
    • Gerald Snyder
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 12 8:20 PM
        Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope to
        have it operational within the next couple of weeks -
        I'll let you know when it's posted.
        Thanks,
        Jerry

        http://tax.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 12 8:42 PM
          Gerald,

          Are you getting help with the display? Why do you tell us what
          kind of help, specifically that you are looking for? I'd like
          to see you get what you need. The project is a good one!

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 14 5:06 AM
            I do not know if the trestle is still in place on the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
            and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took when the rails were still
            in place.

            >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street Railway
            >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope to
            >have it operational within the next couple of weeks -
            >I'll let you know when it's posted.
            >Thanks,
            >Jerry

          • cf76triumph
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 14 9:40 PM
              What was the grade of that line? It seemed pretty stiff coming off the
              NYC main. Also, what year was the new deck bridge built over Rt. 5?
              Saul

              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 16 6:47 AM
                I don't know about the grade but it is pretty stiff. That bridge has aklways
                been there as far as I am concerned.

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 16 5:19 PM
                  It was constructed at the time Route 5 was rebuilt, in the early sixties.

                  PKL

                • mwilber@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 16 7:23 PM
                    Oops, Im on vacation a week earlier than the meeting. Wasnt thinking.
                    Mark
                  • Gerald Snyder
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 17 9:32 PM
                      The trestle came down a few years ago, but I think the
                      rails had been taken up all the way back to the five
                      corners area (Kelloggs Pond)and up to the powerhouse
                      prior to that. I would like to have the pictures if
                      you could send me the files, or scan them if you only
                      have prints. I was up looking at the old mill
                      powerhouse the other day and will be going back when
                      it dries out a little more to get some digitals of it
                      and the surrounding area.

                      wrote:
                      > I do not know if the trestle is still in place on
                      > the Amsterdam Chuchtanunda
                      > and Northern, but if not I have afew that I took
                      > when the rails were still
                      > in place.
                      >

                      > >From: Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
                      > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                      > >Subject: Re: Fw: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Street
                      > Railway
                      > >Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
                      > >
                      > >Nothing up yet but I have a site in the works. Hope
                      > >have it operational within the next couple of weeks
                      > -
                      > >I'll let you know when it's posted.
                      > >Thanks,
                      > >Jerry

                      http://search.yahoo.com
                    • Gerald Snyder
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 17 9:39 PM
                        Any photos of the downtown area, industries, and areas
                        along the AC&N and FJ&G electric lines would help.
                        Either files or prints I can scan and return. Have
                        been going through the county archives in Fonda as
                        well as the FM library and website, Walter Elwood
                        Museum, and archive files of the Yahoo FJ&G group.

                        Anyone interested in our model project is invited to
                        stop by a meeting, Sunday's @ 2:00 PM in the VFW
                        building on East Main St. (just east of the Amsterdam
                        Mall, south side, corner of Washington St.)

                        http://search.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 18 1:24 AM
                          Glenn,

                          The only Amsterdam shots I have are postcards. I don't know
                          how helpful they'd be, but I will scan them for you if you'd
                          like!

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 18 9:13 AM
                            Gino,
                            Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that, but
                            before I put you through any work, let me get together
                            a list of the post cards I already have and send you
                            that - no reason you should have to do those.
                            Jerry

                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 18 11:13 AM
                              end me an address and I'll see if I can dig up the photos

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 18 4:13 PM
                                Let me know and I'll also dig through my stuff for downtown
                                Amsterdam! I have some shots of trolleys going through
                                residential Amsterdam, I don't know why I don't have anything
                                near the business section! I only remember Amsterdam before
                                the Mall slightly, but what I remember was that it was pretty
                                neat. Especially the trolley tracks still in main street!