Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Lanterns

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
      Joe,

      There are Star's, both open bottom and bell bottom, Dietz No. 6's with
      matching etched globes, also Dietz Vestas with 1910 date and later. The
      earliest lanterns, I know of, used by FJ&G, were C. T. Hamm brass top bell
      bottoms, though each was unmarked, they came from the Gloversville tool
      house. I have seen a Dressel tall globe, unmarked except for the etched
      clear globe. I have not yet seen a cast globe.

      Found a NYO&W Dietz No. 6 with clear cast NYO&W globe in the Gloversville
      tool house also. Would like to know the history of that lantern.

      PKL