FJ&G Lanterns

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
      I am curious, I have been collecting for soem time and I have never seen an
      FJ&G lantern. They must have had them. Does anyubody out there own one and
      would you please describe it.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
        Joe,

        There are Star's, both open bottom and bell bottom, Dietz No. 6's with
        matching etched globes, also Dietz Vestas with 1910 date and later. The
        earliest lanterns, I know of, used by FJ&G, were C. T. Hamm brass top bell
        bottoms, though each was unmarked, they came from the Gloversville tool
        house. I have seen a Dressel tall globe, unmarked except for the etched
        clear globe. I have not yet seen a cast globe.

        Found a NYO&W Dietz No. 6 with clear cast NYO&W globe in the Gloversville
        tool house also. Would like to know the history of that lantern.

        PKL