Re: FW: [Railroad_CACV] FJ&G Photo to Enjoy

  • mark_jacob2000
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2003
      Gino,

      The RSC-2 in Utica is the old Adirondack Railway 25, an ex SAL RSC-
      2. It was never painted green when it was actually running on the
      Adirondack, it wore it's Florida Power & Light orange & blue scheme
      then. NYS&W bought it for parts at the equipment auction in 1982
      (along with ADK RS-3 29 which became the NYSW 104), removed what
      they needed and donated it to the NRHS. When it was put on disaply
      at the museum in Utica it was repainted in the Adirondack scheme
      that the 28 & 29 (both RS-3s) wore, even though 25 never actually
      wore ADK paint while on the ADK.

      Mark

      <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
      > Mark,
      >
      > The engine at the Utica Station does have "Durwood Carmen" on
      > it. I'm not sure if it is a former Adirondack engine! That
      > one is green, weren't the Adirondack engines black?
      >
      > Gino

      Enjoy

      > Gino-I dont know which Mark you meant,but one of those units are
      at the
      > Utica Station.I think someone told me that engine has Durwood
      Carmen