RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: FW: [Railroad_CACV] FJ&G Photo to Enjoy

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 27, 2003
      Isn't that engine in front of the Children's Museum in Utica
      a RSC-2? Is this engine the one you're talking about Mark?
      It's painted Adirondack...

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 27, 2003
        Gino-I dont know which Mark you meant,but one of those units are at the
        Utica Station.I think someone told me that engine has Durwood Carmen
        name on it. I dont know if thats true. Mark Wilber
      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 27, 2003
          The 3634 was put to bed in Utica on wednesday. Mark
        • mwilber@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 27, 2003
            Sorry group,wrong yahoogroup on the 3634. Mark
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 27, 2003
              Mark,

              The engine at the Utica Station does have "Durwood Carmen" on
              it. I'm not sure if it is a former Adirondack engine! That
              one is green, weren't the Adirondack engines black?

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 28, 2003
                The Adirondack 29 was an ex SAL RSC-3 I believe. If it is the one next to
                the passenger car. As I recall the prime mover and main generator have been
                removed

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 28, 2003
                  Gino-Werent those engines re-painted? I cant remember. Tim Wakeman may
                  know about that.Mark
                • mark_jacob2000
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 31, 2003
                    Gino,

                    The RSC-2 in Utica is the old Adirondack Railway 25, an ex SAL RSC-
                    2. It was never painted green when it was actually running on the
                    Adirondack, it wore it's Florida Power & Light orange & blue scheme
                    then. NYS&W bought it for parts at the equipment auction in 1982
                    (along with ADK RS-3 29 which became the NYSW 104), removed what
                    they needed and donated it to the NRHS. When it was put on disaply
                    at the museum in Utica it was repainted in the Adirondack scheme
                    that the 28 & 29 (both RS-3s) wore, even though 25 never actually
                    wore ADK paint while on the ADK.

                    Mark