REA ON THE FJ&G

  • stevefjg20
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2003
      Maybe Walt or Paul might remember,dose any body remember seeing any
      REA boxcars on the FJ&G.Thank you for the help on the LCLand REA
      stuff .I now have what i need for the freight house i spoke with
      Aaron abot that got the colors and all that good stuff.Back to work
      down stairs less than a month untill the two open houses.

      Steve l
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2003
        I have the REA sign from the Gloversvile Freight station. I remember as a
        kid there were one or two old REA trucks parked in the back of Smittys in
        Johnstown.

        >From: "stevefjg20" <stevejamie1@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] REA ON THE FJ&G
        >Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:16:38 -0000
        >
        > Maybe Walt or Paul might remember,dose any body remember seeing any
        >REA boxcars on the FJ&G.Thank you for the help on the LCLand REA
        >stuff .I now have what i need for the freight house i spoke with
        >Aaron abot that got the colors and all that good stuff.Back to work
        >down stairs less than a month untill the two open houses.
        >

        >Stev

      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2003
          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "stevefjg20" <stevejamie1@j...>
          wrote:
          Maybe Walt or Paul might remember, does anybody remember seeing any
          REA boxcars on the FJ&G.

          Steve,

          I don't recall ever seeing any REA box cars on the FJ&G. There was
          almost always a REA truck at the steam station in Gloversville. I
          don't think Gloversville & Johnstown received enough REA freight to
          rate a full box car. Most REA freight was handled by 340 from Fonda.

          Walt
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2003
            Wel

            >From: "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: REA ON THE FJ&G
            >Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:50:58 -0000
            >
            >--- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "stevefjg20" <stevejamie1@j...>
            >wrote:
            >Maybe Walt or Paul might remember, does anybody remember seeing any
            >REA boxcars on the FJ&G.
            >
            >Steve,
            >
            >I don't recall ever seeing any REA box cars on the FJ&G. There was
            >almost always a REA truck at the steam station in Gloversville. I
            >don't think Gloversville & Johnstown received enough REA freight to
            >rate a full box car. Most REA freight was handled by 340 from Fonda.
            >
            >Walt

            l as I posted yesterday, I distinctly remember seeing one or two or REA
            trucks parked behind Smittys Service Center when I was a kid lets say circa
            1974............

          • LeeDarshi Morelli
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 16, 2003
              What does 340 mean?

              Steve,

              Most REA freight was handled by 340 from Fonda.

              Walt
            • Glenn J. Williams
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 16, 2003
                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "LeeDarshi Morelli"
                <LeeDarshi@M...> wrote:
                > What does 340 mean?

                Lee,

                340 was the road number of the double-ended gas-electric which
                handled the mail and express service between Fonda and Gloversville.
                There are pictures of it in the Files section.

                Glenn