More freight house questions

  • stevefjg20
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11 3:33 PM
      I forgot to ask so i'll put up another pst.

      Was the FJ&G still receiveing LCL shipments in the freight house in
      Gloversville and Johnstown?And were they still doing buissness with
      REA in the 1950's the other question was also in the 50's.

      Steve
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15 3:02 AM
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "stevefjg20" <stevejamie1@j...>
        wrote:
        Was the FJ&G still receiveing LCL shipments in the freight house in
        Gloversville and Johnstown?And were they still doing buissness with
        REA in the 1950's the other question was also in the 50's.

        Steve,

        The FJ&G started LCL freight on November 16, 1936 and terminated it
        on October 1, 1964, when the NYC stopped accepting it.

        REA service was discontinued on July 18, 1960 when REA started using
        its own trucks.

        Walt
        Hope this helps.