Gloversville Freight office and Freight house

  • stevefjg20
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2003
      Hello everybody ,

      A couple of questions i need to know the color of the Block office
      building the Origanal Freight office and the feight house as they
      were in the 1950's. Only color pictures i have are fron the 1960's
      and 1970's. Thanks for anyhelp

      Steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2003
        The colors you have in your pics were the same just more faded. I recall
        the cinder block office building, built in 1957 (?) as a light green. The
        freight offices I would have to look at a picture to confirm the trim.
        Earlier building colors were not as they were in the fifties and after.

        Express was handled by the gas car into the late fifties. I'll look to see
        what I have when I get back to Saratoga on this and the LCL.

        PKL