Re: [FJGRailroad] From The Archives - Tokens

  • Dave Brennan
    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 11, 2003

       joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

      Yes its time again for "From the Archives" that come as you please odd bit
      of railroad trivia that keeps them asking, "Where'd he get that".
      SOOOoooooo..... lets see what else we have in the archives..Lets see there
      are quite a few tokens:  the Binghamton Railway Company, the International
      Railway in Buffalo, the Connecticut Company the Hudson Transportation
      Company, Lehigh valley Transit, Kingston City Transportation Company, United
      Traction (does anybody know where that is ?) Rochester Transit, Poughkeepsie
      & Wappingers Falls Railway Company
      NYSE&G Corp, FJ&G and of course NYCTA.

      J.A.K.

          I have a United Traction token that I assume I must have gotten in Johnstown.  Gino mentioned that company in Albany so maybe it was for an old bus company that used to run painted in the FJ&G colors (cream & orange)         Dave

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Message 87 of 87 , Mar 24, 2009
        My kids said, "Dad are you going to have a fire tonight? It is spring! Yes but it will be cold tonight" I replied.

        And with that, while rummaging around the archives, I found a copy of PC RAILROADER July-August 1975. On page 4 there is a photo of FJG 153998 with the following caption, "The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division in Amsterdam, New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box cars from Penn Central. photo by the editor - Joe Klapkowski

        I know the caption is inaccurate. I did not write it.  This was way before the days of the internet and common information. To have a by- line back then at the ripe old age of 15 was, well, pretty cool.

        Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE now!