Re: [FJGRailroad] Fare to Sacandaga Park

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2003
      Pete,

      The excursion rate for several years was fifty cents from Gloversville,
      round trip. Proportional rates were used from each of the other stations
      including "Kingsboro Avenue" on occasion.

      PKL

      >From: peter sefton <psefton@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Fare to Sacandaga Park
      >Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:29:19 -0500
      >
      >Does anyone off-hand know the typical weekend fare from Gloversville to
      >Sacandaga Park and length of the trip by train in the early 1900s?

    • peter sefton
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2003
        thanks, paul
        The excursion rate for several years was fifty cents from Gloversville,
        round trip.  Proportional rates were used from each of the other stations
        including "Kingsboro Avenue" on occasion.

        PKL

        >From: peter sefton <psefton@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Fare to Sacandaga Park
        >Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:29:19 -0500
        >
        >Does anyone off-hand know the typical weekend fare from Gloversville to
        >Sacandaga Park and length of the trip by train in the early 1900s?

      • Dave Brennan
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 11, 2003

           joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

          By the way how much snow is there on the ground in Johnstown?
          and I am ottahere....

                Too much.  If you haven't been up to your camp latley, you will be lucky to find it now.

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2003
            Joe,

            There is still more than two feet of heavy packed snow on top of a shed in
            the back yard at Greenfield Center. I believe Gloversville received a bit
            more than we did on the hills above Saratoga.

            PKL