Fare to Sacandaga Park

  • peter sefton
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2003
      Does anyone off-hand know the typical weekend fare from Gloversville to Sacandaga Park and length of the trip by train in the early 1900s?

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 27, 2003
        Train Number 3, departs Gloversville 10:00 am daily except Sunday, Ar
        Kingsboro 10:05, Broadalbin jct 10:10, Mayfield 10:20, Cranberry Creek
        10:32, Sacandaga 10:42, Ar Northville 10:47. from Employee Timetable No.38
        effective November 25th, 1917. I do not have a public timnetable that shows
        rail service to Northville so i can not tell you what the fare was.

        A few of you may know that I have been doing something called "From The
        Archives" on the D&H and Hudson River lists. Sort of akin to the Bob Bedford
        Clipping files. Tonight I'll give a "From The Archives" to the FJ&G
        list.....That quirky little bit of railroad trivia that makes them ask,
        "Where'd he get that?"

        Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville Railroad Company
        Train Order No. 1
        October 2, 1953
        To: C&E No 133 and No. 61 and operator Johnstown
        No 61, Engine 20 will run ahead of No. 133 Motor 340 Johnstown to
        Gloversville.

        AEC

        Complete 8:54 am

        C.E.B

        By the way how much snow is there on the ground in Johnstown?
        and I am ottahere....

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2003
          thanks--that helps

          To: C&E No 133 and No. 61 and operator Johnstown

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2003
            Pete,

            The excursion rate for several years was fifty cents from Gloversville,
            round trip. Proportional rates were used from each of the other stations
            including "Kingsboro Avenue" on occasion.

            PKL

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2003
              thanks, paul
              The excursion rate for several years was fifty cents from Gloversville,
              round trip.  Proportional rates were used from each of the other stations
              including "Kingsboro Avenue" on occasion.

              PKL

              >From: peter sefton <psefton@...>
              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Fare to Sacandaga Park
              >Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:29:19 -0500
              >
              >Does anyone off-hand know the typical weekend fare from Gloversville to
              >Sacandaga Park and length of the trip by train in the early 1900s?

            • Dave Brennan
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 11, 2003

                 joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

                By the way how much snow is there on the ground in Johnstown?
                and I am ottahere....

                      Too much.  If you haven't been up to your camp latley, you will be lucky to find it now.

                Do you Yahoo!?

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 12, 2003
                  Joe,

                  There is still more than two feet of heavy packed snow on top of a shed in
                  the back yard at Greenfield Center. I believe Gloversville received a bit
                  more than we did on the hills above Saratoga.

                  PKL