Re: [FJGRailroad] Johnstown Skin Mill

  • peter sefton
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
      i think that means its gone. do you know if the daniel hay glove factory is still up in gloversville. i seem to recall hearing it was demolished.
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
        Daniel Hayes on West Fulton Street above Broad Street was standing a month
        ago.

        The plant shown in the postcard is Miller, Argersinger & Co. on Mill and
        Water Streets, Johnstown. Mill Street is now Pleasant Ave. on the west side
        of the north end of Johnstown.

        PKL

        >From: peter sefton <psefton@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Johnstown Skin Mill
        >Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:12:38 -0500
        >
        >i think that means its gone. do you know if the daniel hay glove factory is
        >still up in gloversville. i seem to recall hearing it was demolished.

      • peter sefton
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
          still there then?

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2003
            I believe it's been gone for many years. There is a later day (70's or
            80's) plant on the site if I have the right picture in my mind.

            PKL