Johnstown Skin Mill

  • peter sefton
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2003
      Does anyone know whether this mill is still standing or when it was torn down?

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
        I do not recognize that shot.

        >From: peter sefton <psefton@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Johnstown Skin Mill
        >Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:49:52 -0500
        >
        >Does anyone know whether this mill is still standing or when it was torn
        >down?
        >
        ><< skinmill.jpg >>

      • peter sefton
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
          i think that means its gone. do you know if the daniel hay glove factory is still up in gloversville. i seem to recall hearing it was demolished.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
            Daniel Hayes on West Fulton Street above Broad Street was standing a month
            ago.

            The plant shown in the postcard is Miller, Argersinger & Co. on Mill and
            Water Streets, Johnstown. Mill Street is now Pleasant Ave. on the west side
            of the north end of Johnstown.

            PKL

            >From: peter sefton <psefton@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Johnstown Skin Mill
            >Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:12:38 -0500
            >
            >i think that means its gone. do you know if the daniel hay glove factory is
            >still up in gloversville. i seem to recall hearing it was demolished.

          • peter sefton
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
              still there then?

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 19, 2003
                I believe it's been gone for many years. There is a later day (70's or
                80's) plant on the site if I have the right picture in my mind.

                PKL