Fonda interlockings

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2000
      The long passing siding in Fonda ends at CP-188, about two miles west of
      town. There's an interlocking at 188 that's still in use. Fonda station is
      milepost 186.2 (roughly). I am taking a guess, but could the tower have
      once controlled this interlocking at 188 back when the line was four tracks?
      Considering there are no signal bridges between Fonda and 188 I'd take a
      guess that there never were... granted, the NYC, PC, CR, and CSX have messed
      with the signals over time, but these instances would be rare; I'd guess 188
      has always been there with no others between it and Fonda, especially since
      it's a 2-mile straightaway after the curve by the FJ&G enginehouse. CP-188
      is at the other end of the straightaway.