Gloversville Updates

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2003
      Hi guys!

      If all goes well, www.FJGRR.com will be back this week. Of course, as soon
      as she's
      ready I'll let everyone know! This new outfit I'm going with seems to be a
      good organization.
      They seem to be staffed 24 hours a day and have sent quick replies to my
      questions...

      I don't know if I've mentioned this, but it looks like the massive Coal
      House in the former
      Gloversville Yard is slated for demolition. When and why, I'm not 100
      percent sure. All
      I can say is that this really bothers me. This is pretty much the last
      building connected
      with the FJG in Gloversville. Yes we have Broadalbin and Sacandaga
      Stations, but how
      long for them? My idea is to move into the old coal house so they can't
      tear her down!
      Just like that woman out west who lived in an old tree so they wouldn't cut
      it down. There
      was also an older women around here who chased some city workers out who
      were going
      to cut down a tree near her property. Hey, anyone here have a shotgun?
      Just kidding...

      In Gloversville news, WNYT, Albany had a great story tonight about the Glove
      Theater
      showing a movie for Valentine's Day. It is the first time in 30 years that
      they had a movie.
      The movie was "Casablanca." Is that great, or what? I'd love to see
      Casablanca in the Glove
      Theater! I'd love to see any movie in the Glove Theater! Great to see a
      positive story coming out
      of Fulton County...

      Well, that's the way it is folks. Please let me know your thoughts about
      the Coal House coming
      down. I'd love to know what you think!

      Thanks,

      Gino

      Soon to be Webmaster again for FJGRR.com
      and FJG Yahoo Group Moderator
    • Glenn J. Williams <103424.2304@compuserv
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2003
        <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
        > Hi guys!
        >
        > [snip]
        >
        > I don't know if I've mentioned
        > this, but it looks like the
        > massive Coal House in the
        > former Gloversville Yard is
        > slated for demolition. When
        > and why, I'm not 100 percent
        > sure.

        Gino,

        When I came over the brow of the hill to last August's confab, I
        noticed that a large piece of the coal house roof, on the east side,
        had collapsed. Lack of maintenance will do you in every time.

        Glad to hear of the imminent return of FJRRR.com . Hope this ISP
        works out.

        Ah, the Glove Theatre. I've followed its resurrection in the on-line
        Leader-Herald and it's good to see a flow of positive news about it.

        Glenn
      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2003
          Hate to see it go! Id like to get a brick from that building.
          Steve,maybe you could get couple of bricks,break them up in little
          pieces and use them somehow on your layout. A little of the original
          FJG(whats left) on your layout . Just a thought.Mark
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 16, 2003
            Mark,

            I want a brick too! One that I can send through the window
            of City Hall!

            http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/