Weeds and Brush

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2000
      As I look at the ICC photos it seems as if the railroad must have had
      a pretty aggressive weed control program in the good old days. In
      later years, the fifties and sixties, the tracks in the Gloversville
      yard pretty much disappeared in the grass by August 1st. Did they
      have their own weed sprayers or did they bring in a contractor to do
      the job. I've seen pictures of some pretty elaborate weed spraying
      cars.
      Saul