Re: [FJGRailroad] Steve's Layout

  • rafinn
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
      WOW, Fanstatic, Steve.  Great detailing.

      Rich

      Gino & Kelly DiCarlo wrote:

       Hi guys,

      I visited Steve Lamora's layout this week and have taken some new pictures.
      Check them out at Steve's new page at FJGRR.com...

      http://www.fjgrr.com/layout

      Enjoy!

      And let us know what you think...

      Gino & Steve

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
        Steve,

        You are doing fantastic work. Here are two pictures from the fifties or
        early sixties that will give a little more detail for the Argersinger
        building.

        PKL

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
          Steve and all,

          I tried to open the photo files and notice that the labels are not as I had
          them. Somehow they became corrupted. I'll resend on separate post.

          PKL

          >From: "paul larner" <pklarner@...>
          >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Steve's Layout
          >Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:47:22 -0500
          >
          >Steve,
          >
          >You are doing fantastic work. Here are two pictures from the fifties or
          >early sixties that will give a little more detail for the Argersinger
          >building.
          >
          >PKL
          >

          > >From: Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
          > >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
          > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Steve's Layout
          > >Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 04:10:31 -0500
          > >
          > >Hi guys,
          > >
          > >I visited Steve Lamora's layout this week and have taken some new
          >pictures.
          > >Check them out at Steve's new page at FJGRR.com...
          > >
          > >http://www.fjgrr.com/layout
          > >
          > >Enjoy!
          > >
          > >And let us know what you think...
          > >
          > >Gino & Steve

          ><< 060Sta.345_00,Argersinger_sSiding.JPG >>
          ><< 059Sta.343_23,Argersinger_sSwitch.JPG >>

        • Dave Brennan
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003

            Great.  Wish I still had the ambition to work on somthing lie this.

             Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...> wrote:

            Hi guys,

            I visited Steve Lamora's layout this week and have taken some new pictures.
            Check them out at Steve's new page at FJGRR.com...

            http://www.fjgrr.com/layout

            Enjoy!

            And let us know what you think...

            Gino & Steve

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Glenn J. Williams <103424.2304@compuserv
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
              <dicarlos@l...> wrote:
              > Hi guys,
              >
              > I visited Steve Lamora's layout
              > this week and have taken some
              > new pictures. Check them out
              > at Steve's new page at FJGRR.com...
              >
              > http://www.fjgrr.com/layout
              >
              > Enjoy!
              >
              > And let us know what you think...
              >
              > Gino & Steve

              Steve,

              You are doing a great job in recapturing the FJ&G that we all
              remember. Your High Bridge scene is especially well done: the curve
              sign and post-and-wire guard rail are defining touches for that place.

              Thanks to Gino for sharing it with us.

              Glenn
            • mwilber@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
                Job well done,Steve,absolutely amazing! I thought the same with Glenn on
                the curve sign and guard posts.Also the stone blocks for the bridge.The
                picture of the bridge looks just like the one in the Model Railroader
                with Durwood at the throttle.Mark
              • Dean R. Pausley
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
                  Steve, Gino:
                  What a great layout. Makes me want to, just a little
                  bit, redo my n-scale layout into a linear FJ&G.

                  Excellent work.

                  Dean Pausley
                  Troy, NY
                • stevefjg20 <stevejamie1@juno.com>
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
                    --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>
                    wrote:
                    > Steve,
                    >
                    > You are doing fantastic work. Here are two pictures from the
                    fifties or
                    > early sixties that will give a little more detail for the
                    Argersinger
                    > building.
                    >
                    > PKL
                    >

                    > Thank you Paul,I think i have the pictures your talking about, ROW
                    pictures? Anyway thank you for the complement.

                    Steve
                  • mwilber@webtv.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
                      I dont understand why it takes 5 hours for my message to get posted.
                      Mark
                    • Glenn J. Williams <103424.2304@compuserv
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
                        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, mwilber@w... wrote:
                        > I dont understand why it
                        > takes 5 hours for my message
                        > to get posted.
                        > Mark

                        Mark,

                        That, and where elephants go to die, are two of the great unanswered
                        questions.

                        Welcome to the wonderful world of Yahoo, where life assumes a
                        different scale of time. . .

                        Glenn
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 12, 2003
                          Steve,

                          Those shots of the High Bridge just came out unbelievable!
                          I want to shrink myself and take a ride on your layout!
                          You really can't tell if you are looking at the real FJG,
                          or your layout!