Re: [FJGRailroad] Help please!!!!!!!!!!

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2003
      I remember it distinctly. The Karg Brothers truck would come over and they
      would load the palleets directly onto the truck right out in the open. The
      hides had a kind of salty greasey substance on them.

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2003
        The cow hides were folded in about a 16" x 16" square with heavy string
        tied around it. The guys unloading the cars would have these big hooks
        to grab on to the strings.When I was still on track gang on the CACV,we
        were sent up there to help unload cars for about two weeks..Deer hides
        were not folded,they were just spread out onto the pallets.Mark