Re: [FJGRailroad] ADCX 44-tonner

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2000
      They trucked it to Lake Placid. There are several large washouts (i.e. like
      the one at Lake Lila) that prohibit train movement past (roughly) Beaver
      River.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
        I thought so! Do they run that thing up at Lake Placid, or
        does it just sit on display? Is it in working order?

        Gino

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
          They moved it up there for work train service. They're trucking in a few
          freight cars this year. The engine was moved up there in the Fall of 1997.
          There won't be passenger service in Lake Placid anytime in the foreseeable
          future.