RE: [FJGRailroad] Snow Derailment

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2003
      So, how did you get them both back on track? What equipment
      was used? Jacks and 2 x 4s?

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
        Air jacks and ties. We rerailed the 21 first ,which wasnt as bad as the
        #20. With a help of #21,about 20 men,a bull dozer,and long hours,they
        manage to rerail #20 in two days.The cause was just not plowing when it
        should of been done. The flange way was very high with snow.Then we got
        rain overnight,then the temperature dropped down to zero the following
        day. The flangeway became nothing but a block of ice,and when the
        locomotive went over it,the traction motors rode over the ice ,lifted
        the engine of the rails.They ended up bulldozing the flangeway from
        Fonda to Broadalbin. Thats why its very important to plow,especially the
        lines with small rail. Mark