Re: [FJGRailroad] Origin of Hojack (Was: RW&O)

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2003

      >From: Frank Pierson <fpierson@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Origin of Hojack (Was: RW&O)
      >Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 06:09:04 -0500
      >
      >I hate to stir the pot on this, but I know how history tends to change
      >the facts a bit. Many team drivers of both horses and asses trained
      >there teams to respond to verbal commands so they could do other things
      >while working. HI was the common command for left and HO was used to
      >tell the team to go right. A clicking of the tongue was a common move to
      >start the team and of course everyone knows the WHOA command to stop.
      >We commonly tied off the reins to the front of the wagon while loading
      >hay and used voice commands to drive the team. The last I drove was as
      >a teenager, Many moons ago!
      >
      > So how do we determine the fact from the fiction?
      >
      >Frank Pierson

      ince I asked the question I am glad you stirred the pot. And by the way noww
      that you mention it, I believe there was an animated cartoon where one of
      the songs goes Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work we go...........

      Still I want to find that definite answer that I don't thing exists. But I
      wish I had Hungerfords book. I am sure it would explain it...