Re: Mohawk Valley Democrat

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 2002
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@c...> wrote:
      > Glenn,
      >
      > As you can see by the listing that the state has at Albany, most of
      > the 1800's and early part of the 1900's are missing.
      > [snip]
      > Walt

      Walt & Paul,

      You are right, for I had forgotten about the earlier years of the
      paper.

      Is Charlie Sammons the owner of those files or just a custodian?

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2002
        Glenn,

        I didn't clarify that. My impression was that he was in charge of the Fair
        Grounds, where they were stored and that he was also in control of them.
        That is, what ever he said, is what would or could happen to them. For some
        reason I carry the impression that he was the owner of the Fair Grounds; I'd
        be curious to know if that's fact.

        Paul

      • cf76triumph <skalbfel@ix.netcom.com>
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 20, 2002
          25 years ago I built a model of this building and its companion which
          was torn down some years ago. I have no plans though, I just eyeballed
          the dimensions from pictures that I took in 1972. Funny how I just
          came across the negatives. They were on a roll that I was using to
          take pictures of my wife's wedding shower at the Holiday Inn in
          Johnstown. I was obliged to get lost for a while so I went down to
          Fonda and took some pictures. I'll try to scan these soon.
          Also, Willem Monster's Sacandagastation website is very nice. If he
          can breath life into Sacandaga with his ambitious plans, that would be
          great. Let's face it the Park has been dead since the Inn closed in
          1974. I have a set of detail photos of the station before it was
          vandalized and sadly debased by its conversion to a stable. I am
          scanning these and burning a cdrom for him.

          It's kind of a grim Autumn. I've been on unemployment since August.
          I've suggested to my wife that maybe we should sell the house and move
          back to Fulton County where being unemployed is no big deal. It's kind
          of a grim look I got from her.

          An all-holiday greeting to all...Saul and Felicia Kalbfeld