Re: [FJGRailroad] ADCX 44-tonner

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
      Thanks for the heads up Aaron, I'll go there now.

      Paul

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2000
        They trucked it to Lake Placid. There are several large washouts (i.e. like
        the one at Lake Lila) that prohibit train movement past (roughly) Beaver
        River.

        >They ran this up to Lake Placid from Utica? I didn't think the
        >line was in too good a shape up there? Do you know when they
        >plan on running trains to Lake Placid from Utica?
        >
        >Gino
        >

        >> From: "Aaron Keller" <aakeller@...>
        >> Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:13:07 -0500
        >> To: <FJGRailroad@onelist.com>
        >> Subject: [FJGRailroad] ADCX 44-tonner
        >>
        >> From: "Aaron Keller" <aakeller@...>
        >>
        >> I posted some pictures to the Files page of the Adirondack Scenic's
        >> 44-tonner in Lake Placid. It's almost exactly the same model the FJ&G
        had,
        >> with very little variations, most notably the horns and hood roofs. Also
        is
        >> a picture of the interior. I don't plan to leave this up for very long
        so
        >> take a look soon!
        >>
        >> -Aaron

        >> Learn more with SmartPlanet. It's a new way of learning online.
        >> SmartPlanet offers hundreds of courses to take on your time,
        >> in your space. Join for FREE today!
        >>
        >> Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
        >> http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

        >PERFORM CPR ON YOUR APR!
        >Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
        >0.0% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
        >Apply NOW!
        >
        >Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
        >http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

      • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
          I thought so! Do they run that thing up at Lake Placid, or
          does it just sit on display? Is it in working order?

          Gino

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
            They moved it up there for work train service. They're trucking in a few
            freight cars this year. The engine was moved up there in the Fall of 1997.
            There won't be passenger service in Lake Placid anytime in the foreseeable
            future.