Re: Canal and one time meeting day change.

  • andrewsfusco
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2002
      Dear Guys: If there's a way to have a G-ville library meeting 7 p.m.
      Wednesday, at least one of us (me) would appreciate it because I'll
      be
      in town for the holiday that night and I had hoped to do the FJG
      meeting from 7 to 8:30 (The Paul McCartney TV special is at 9---
      priorities, ya know). I fully understand Gino's scheduling problem,
      but
      having no meeting at all doesn't make sense. Having two makes more
      sense than having none. Anyways, there's my two cents and Walt
      whatever you decide is final..."heavy is the head, Walt, that wears
      the
      crown..."---Andy Fusco

      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., <dicarlos@l...> wrote:
      > Wow Paul, why don't we call the whole thing off!
      > I discussed this with Walt a month ago and he said the library
      wouldn't
      > have a probhlem with it I brought it up knowing that Thanksgiving
      was
      > coming!!! I thought it was something Walt was going to take care of,
      > but I guess not! I didn't think anyone was going to come out this
      > Wednsday, but I could be wrong! We'll, I'll be working Wednesday
      > night, you other guys have a fun time! Steve Lamora, I guess we'll
      > hook up in December! I'll call you...
      >
      > Gino
      >

      > > Regarding changing the date of the meeting:
      > >
      > > 1. Has the Library been requested for time on Tuesday night?
      They could
      > > have some other group in there that night.
      > >
      > > 2. What about those of us who are not on the computer and/or this
      group
      > > and regularly attend the meeting?
      > >
      > > 3. What about the not infrequent walk ins who find out about the
      > > meetings through local postings and the Bridge Line ad? That's
      how I
      > > found the meeting at its no longer functioning location in the
      > > Johnstown Court House and a "long" drive to get there. I wasn't
      happy.

      > > While the Library people have always been cooperative, everything
      done
      > > there has been pre arranged. Perhaps if Wednesday, as we
      suspected
      > > isn't a good night, we should postpone until the next month
      which will
      > > My point is we can't have a stable group and arbitrarily move our
      > > meeting to fit our personal conveniences from month to month.
      Tuesday
      > > is my relief day and a night I know I'll usually be able to make
      but
      > > there are more considerations involved than just me.
      > >
      > > We can still meet at one of our homes Tuesday but someone needs
      to be at
      > > the library on Wednesday night or call the library to secure the
      night,
      > > post the change in the newspaper and old folks homes, and phone
      Dave

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2002
        Another Thanksgiving is upon us,be carefull where you lay your coats
        this year. Mark
      • Stephen G. Myers
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 25, 2002
          Oh ho, didn't someone leave the group over that!!!!!

          Steve

          .
          .
          On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:27:03 -0500 (EST) mwilber@... writes:
          > Another Thanksgiving is upon us,be carefull where you lay your coats
          > this year. Mark
          >

          > Visit Gino's Railpage at http://www.fjgrr.com
          > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
          >

          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to